cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed, issue with system, LED lightshow

mirkoj
Level 7
Sorry for strange title but no idea what else to put in there.
Here is the thing.
For the past 2-3 days I've bin having restarts of the system whenever it is under bigger load on 4 GPUs, like GPU rendering.
I even reduced power using afterburner on GPUs down to 90, and temp limit top 75.
Just got back home, computer was rendering in the mean time and I found this:

https://youtu.be/_JCcyTvd61Q

After shutdown there was problem booting, board gets to AA and then restarts again.
I managed to get back into window only after turning of 2nd 3rd and 4th PCI using small switches on motherboard, so at the momentg only 1 primary GPU is working.
Soooo... any ideas where to start looking?

For now I would blame either one or more of the GPUs or power supply.

Also bios is 3701

- Asus rampage V extreme
5960X
64GB RAM
4x TitanX Maxwell
corsair ax1500i power supply
512GB samsiung pro SDD
5x 1tb hdd in raid 5

Also only recent change was upgrading nvidia drivers to latest version.... but.. could they mess up system soo bad??

help 😞
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi mirkoj

If all 4 gpu's work without issue, I would suspect the psu as well.

mirkoj
Level 7
that is first thing I did. cleared all, and back to defaults, only turned on raid for my drives...
testing for a while now. have 3 GPUs on, two of them did couple renders no problem so far.
will add 4th in the loop in a bit as well.
btw any idea what would be normal titan x maxwell graphic score on firestrike ultra benchmark?
did couple tests and with 1 GPU getting a bit bellow 4k score. Seems a bit low compared to some results online but maybe I'm looking at wrong benchmarks as well...
anyway rendering scores seems to fit in place so.. weird..
going to restart and add 4th GPU on as well.