cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 9 formula Random reboots/ pain to start Please Help

213inc
Level 7
Hey guys so i built my pc back in March. Ran fine till about a month and a half ago. I started to have my pc reboot while watching a video on youtube. Called Asus said it was my Motherboard. I went to microCenter and changed my Maximus 9 Code for the Formula and bought a Samsung 500gb 960 evo nvme m.2. And still had the same problem. Went out and bought a new PSU had a Evga supernova 850 gold got a 850 Platinum. Still have the same problem. It comes and goes. Another problem im haveing it booting up my pc i have to hit the restart button up to 10x for it to post.Tried with the pc with a OC and none and xmp on and off. When i get the M.2 did a fresh install. Have the latest bios 1009
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS IM GOING NUTS. If anyone can help me get to the bottom of this i i greatly appreciate your help

Build is
Asus maximus 9 Formula
I7 6700k stock/oc
Gskill rgb ram 3200 16gb XMP
Strix 1080
Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 nvme ssd
Toshiba ocz 480gb ssd
Crucial mx300 1tb ssd
Seagate BarraCuda 4tb
Evga 850w p2
Thermaletake core p3
Custom cpu and gpu loop
9 REPLIES 9

Chino wrote:
Clear your CMOS and test your system at stock defaults.

I have i rebiilt the sysytem with a new motherboard boot drive and psu. Did 2 fresh installs and it still happends Just a few mins ago went to boot up my pc had to hit the reset button 3 times for it to post

Chino
Level 15

Yes no OC no XMP

Chino wrote:
Is your PC connected directly to the wall?[No i have it pluged in to my Cyberpower UPS

213inc wrote:
Chino wrote:
Is your PC connected directly to the wall?[No i have it pluged in to my Cyberpower UPS

Try plugging your system directly into the wall for testing just to discard the UPS as the culprit.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Disconnect all external attached components, especially USB devices. See how it boots then.

The common components from what you describe is the memory & GTX 1080. Are you tried troubleshooting these?

Have you check the CPU socket for bent or broken pins?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Pins are fine on both of the board i used. when the problem started my pc was runing fine with a Auto OC and xmp for a few months. I added a Waterblock to my gpu and then about 1 to 2 months after that the problem started. CPU temps to spike at times no more then 50c for a few sec.
Today i shutdown my pc 3 times and when i came back to boot it it was fine. I did do a ram test and it passed
I do have my 1080 on a Thermaletake riser cable is there anyway that might be my problem.

NemesisChild wrote:
Disconnect all external attached components, especially USB devices. See how it boots then.

The common components from what you describe is the memory & GTX 1080. Are you tried troubleshooting these?

Have you check the CPU socket for bent or broken pins?