cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VS G-Sync Screen Flickering / FN button mode / Bios 305 update

mety333
Level 7
Hey, I recently got an Asus GL702VS-DS74 and so far i'm happy with that decision (the Aorus X7 DT V7 was not available from ANYWHERE not even Gigabyte; the 120hrz 3K version at least)

anyways 1 issue & 2 questions

1. When G-Sync is enabled in full screen and/or windowed mode there are some flickering inside the ROG Gaming Center animation and even in games when the fps is 60-100. updating to a newer video driver and then the latest drivers seemed to work on the Asus Windows but updating it straight away to the newest drivers on the clean windows 10 still seem to have the screen flickering. i read somewhere that installing a specific driver version and then to the latest one may fix this or maybe there is another solution i'm not aware of?

2. is there ANYWAY to have the media FN keys always active instead of the F1-F12 keys? on my Dell it was a simple option in the bios but on a $2000 Asus its not? any solution by software maybe?

3. Winflash says there is a Bios update to 305 but then fails to download while on the Asus website there's only 304 for download so what gives? plus, i cannot find the Sonic Suite for download anywhere 😕

THANK ALOT in advance!!!
3 REPLIES 3

FastM
Level 8
1. I believe this is just a G-Sync issue, I've done some reading around and from what I can tell its just a side effect of the tech and some monitors are more/less affected. I notice it a lot playing PUBG and in rare cases on the windows desktop.

2. I too wish this was an option (hoping someone else will chime in..) On top of it they put the volume buttons as far away as possible making a 1 handed adjustment almost impossible..

3. I downloaded the 305 bios directly from the asus site and updated. Its been mentioned a lot on this forum, Sonic Studio doesn't seem available anywhere on the Asus site. The installation files were included on your factory image of windows directly on the C:\eSupport\eDriver folder. (comparable to that driver CD that used to come with new motherboard/systems).

I have the eSupport folder in .rar format hosted on my dropbox for the GL702VS. Would you like a link?

FastM wrote:
1. I believe this is just a G-Sync issue, I've done some reading around and from what I can tell its just a side effect of the tech and some monitors are more/less affected. I notice it a lot playing PUBG and in rare cases on the windows desktop.

2. I too wish this was an option (hoping someone else will chime in..) On top of it they put the volume buttons as far away as possible making a 1 handed adjustment almost impossible..

3. I downloaded the 305 bios directly from the asus site and updated. Its been mentioned a lot on this forum, Sonic Studio doesn't seem available anywhere on the Asus site. The installation files were included on your factory image of windows directly on the C:\eSupport\eDriver folder. (comparable to that driver CD that used to come with new motherboard/systems).

I have the eSupport folder in .rar format hosted on my dropbox for the GL702VS. Would you like a link?

It's very hard for me to accept this G-Sync bug, there must be a solution!

and yes please share the sonic studio link and if you can give me the link to the 305 bos since i cannot find it thank you!

FastM
Level 8
http://techreport.com/news/27449/g-sync-monitors-flicker-in-some-games-and-here-why

"Completely stopping the panel refresh would result in all TN pixels bleeding towards white, so G-Sync has a built-in failsafe to prevent this by forcing a redraw every ~33 msec. What you are seeing are the pixels intermittently bleeding towards white and periodically being pulled back down to the appropriate brightness by a scan."

This is the best info I could find about that subject.