cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 update problem

gaminggamer
Level 7
I need help with my new Asus rog II pc, after I just updated my windows 10 and rebooted, then my pc keeps making this weird spinning sound. Its like this weird stirring sound really dont know how to explain it. And my pc uses alot more memory, cpu etc. So you got any ideas what this means?
3 REPLIES 3

chilinmichael
Level 10
A "stirring" sound, interesting description, one would use that more for a mouse in a wall lol. That being said, do you think it's possibly the CPU or GPU fan(s) are ramped up? Is your CPU under load while the memory is being used more? What processes do you see with high utilization? Screenshot(s) would help.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

toronto699
Level 13
the last W10 update (KB4038788) gave me a similar issue but only if I use Internet Explorer the CPU fans ramp up. If I use Edge browser no ramp up of fans. A Few changes were made to IE and Edge in last W10 update but No new operating system features were introduced in the last W10 update.
W10 1703 OS build 15063.608

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
gaminggamer wrote:
I need help with my new Asus rog II pc, after I just updated my windows 10 and rebooted, then my pc keeps making this weird spinning sound. Its like this weird stirring sound really dont know how to explain it. And my pc uses alot more memory, cpu etc. So you got any ideas what this means?

Hi gaminggamer,

Is that the ROG GR8 II?