cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not AGESA 1006b bios yet?

Dreamer1
Level 7
It seems that ASROCK and GIGA have already released the AGESA 1006b bios.
But C6H is still on AGESA 1006.
I doubt Elmor has been working for new bios. He is super quiet.
18 REPLIES 18

alexp999
Level 9
1601/1602 coming online soon but nothing too exciting, updated AGESA 1006b but no major improvements. We're waiting for 1007 before next release here, which would include the improvements in 9920.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/26810#post_26339248

jbasemoine
Level 9
it isn't here yet but it will arive soon enough (see link of Alexp999) and comming to the other brands look at there forum, yes asus might be 1 bios behind but they have accomplised more, i hav my ram set @ 3466 and it's working ok! it could be more stable but it is running pretty smooth overall.
The other brands are still stuck on 3200 and that is IF you manage to get it to work on 3200.
And beside's that Gigabyte just released a Bios update which fried you're cpu in an isntant, the bios was removed the day after it was released and i have been following it sever sicne till today there is no word if Gigabyte is relaieble or wil compentsate user's for the damage there bios have caused! So yeah they might have 1.0.06B but look at all other isseu's those boards suffer.
I rather w8 one or 2 weeks or either more for a stable/working bios than a bios that deepfries mu CPU and every company can hide behind the small print which say's that if something go wrong there not liable!

jbasemoine wrote:
it isn't here yet but it will arive soon enough (see link of Alexp999) and comming to the other brands look at there forum, yes asus might be 1 bios behind but they have accomplised more, i hav my ram set @ 3466 and it's working ok! it could be more stable but it is running pretty smooth overall.
The other brands are still stuck on 3200 and that is IF you manage to get it to work on 3200.
And beside's that Gigabyte just released a Bios update which fried you're cpu in an isntant, the bios was removed the day after it was released and i have been following it sever sicne till today there is no word if Gigabyte is relaieble or wil compentsate user's for the damage there bios have caused! So yeah they might have 1.0.06B but look at all other isseu's those boards suffer.
I rather w8 one or 2 weeks or either more for a stable/working bios than a bios that deepfries mu CPU and every company can hide behind the small print which say's that if something go wrong there not liable!

ASUS is 2 bios behind the Asrock and Giga. (1006 -> 1006a -> 1006b)
And also, these two brands already have 1006b bios unlike ASUS C6H still stuck at 1006.
It is just matter of applying AGESA not fixing issue which takes time.
Even if AGESA 1006b does not fixes many issues, it is still a fact that ASUS is behind other brands in adapting AGESA.

Dreamer1 wrote:
ASUS is 2 bios behind the Asrock and Giga. (1006 -> 1006a -> 1006b)
And also, these two brands already have 1006b bios unlike ASUS C6H still stuck at 1006.
It is just matter of applying AGESA not fixing issue which takes time.
Even if AGESA 1006b does not fixes many issues, it is still a fact that ASUS is behind other brands in adapting AGESA.

Elmor is the main guy for this board's BIOS releases and I heard was had a vacation in August. Don't panic and don't expect miracles with 1006b.

Syaoran
Level 7
It is nice to hear that they are at least working on another BIOS or two. Hopefully they are out sooner than later and focus on better stability and reliability for the C6H.
Syaoran

I sure hope cold boot is addressed with 1007.
More ram stability would be wonderful, can't seem to get whats considered "safe/fast" with timings with what I've got 😞

voreo wrote:
More ram stability would be wonderful, can't seem to get whats considered "safe/fast" with timings with what I've got 😞

Have you tried 9920?

alexp999 wrote:
Have you tried 9920?

Nah, basically got the board, got the latest on the site page at the time and stuck with it. Board has 1403.
Sounds like a later version will have the 9920 fixes though?

Went with this one because it seemed to be the best aside from the Taichi, at least in terms of overall longevity.

I mean, able to run my ram at its rated speed/timings just fine, as well as use pstate just fine to 3.7 no problem (stock cooler, rather not push past that) (R5 1600)

voreo wrote:

I dont think cold boot issue is connected with AGESA version.
I tried Giga K7 and this board had no cold boot issue in my case.
The cold boot issue is something MB manufacturer needs to tackle with.