Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Why not AGESA 1006b bios yet?

    It seems that ASROCK and GIGA have already released the AGESA 1006b bios.
    But C6H is still on AGESA 1006.
    I doubt Elmor has been working for new bios. He is super quiet.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array alexp999 PC Specs
    alexp999 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R9 3900X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill FlareX 3600 C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix RX Vega 64
    CPU CoolerCustom w/c
    CaseLian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyBeQuiet! Dark Power 10 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
    OS Win 10 Pro x64

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    1601/1602 coming online soon but nothing too exciting, updated AGESA 1006b but no major improvements. We're waiting for 1007 before next release here, which would include the improvements in 9920.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...#post_26339248

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    194

    it isn't here yet but it will arive soon enough (see link of Alexp999) and comming to the other brands look at there forum, yes asus might be 1 bios behind but they have accomplised more, i hav my ram set @ 3466 and it's working ok! it could be more stable but it is running pretty smooth overall.
    The other brands are still stuck on 3200 and that is IF you manage to get it to work on 3200.
    And beside's that Gigabyte just released a Bios update which fried you're cpu in an isntant, the bios was removed the day after it was released and i have been following it sever sicne till today there is no word if Gigabyte is relaieble or wil compentsate user's for the damage there bios have caused! So yeah they might have 1.0.06B but look at all other isseu's those boards suffer.
    I rather w8 one or 2 weeks or either more for a stable/working bios than a bios that deepfries mu CPU and every company can hide behind the small print which say's that if something go wrong there not liable!

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    264

    It is nice to hear that they are at least working on another BIOS or two. Hopefully they are out sooner than later and focus on better stability and reliability for the C6H.
    Syaoran

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array voreo PC Specs
    voreo PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3200C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming X RX 480 8G
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB
    CaseCM Mastercase Maker 5
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G2 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10
    voreo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    I sure hope cold boot is addressed with 1007.
    More ram stability would be wonderful, can't seem to get whats considered "safe/fast" with timings with what I've got

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array alexp999 PC Specs
    alexp999 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R9 3900X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill FlareX 3600 C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix RX Vega 64
    CPU CoolerCustom w/c
    CaseLian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyBeQuiet! Dark Power 10 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
    OS Win 10 Pro x64

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by voreo View Post
    I sure hope cold boot is addressed with 1007.
    More ram stability would be wonderful, can't seem to get whats considered "safe/fast" with timings with what I've got
    Have you tried 9920?

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    it isn't here yet but it will arive soon enough (see link of Alexp999) and comming to the other brands look at there forum, yes asus might be 1 bios behind but they have accomplised more, i hav my ram set @ 3466 and it's working ok! it could be more stable but it is running pretty smooth overall.
    The other brands are still stuck on 3200 and that is IF you manage to get it to work on 3200.
    And beside's that Gigabyte just released a Bios update which fried you're cpu in an isntant, the bios was removed the day after it was released and i have been following it sever sicne till today there is no word if Gigabyte is relaieble or wil compentsate user's for the damage there bios have caused! So yeah they might have 1.0.06B but look at all other isseu's those boards suffer.
    I rather w8 one or 2 weeks or either more for a stable/working bios than a bios that deepfries mu CPU and every company can hide behind the small print which say's that if something go wrong there not liable!
    ASUS is 2 bios behind the Asrock and Giga. (1006 -> 1006a -> 1006b)
    And also, these two brands already have 1006b bios unlike ASUS C6H still stuck at 1006.
    It is just matter of applying AGESA not fixing issue which takes time.
    Even if AGESA 1006b does not fixes many issues, it is still a fact that ASUS is behind other brands in adapting AGESA.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by voreo View Post
    I sure hope cold boot is addressed with 1007.
    More ram stability would be wonderful, can't seem to get whats considered "safe/fast" with timings with what I've got
    I dont think cold boot issue is connected with AGESA version.
    I tried Giga K7 and this board had no cold boot issue in my case.
    The cold boot issue is something MB manufacturer needs to tackle with.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    264

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    I dont think cold boot issue is connected with AGESA version.
    I tried Giga K7 and this board had no cold boot issue in my case.
    The cold boot issue is something MB manufacturer needs to tackle with.
    That crossed my mind as well. I haven't seen or read about the cold boot issue on any of the MSI boards I looked at and the same goes for the Gigabyte board you mentioned I also looked at as well. The crappy audio on this board is one thing but the lack of bug fixes and updates is really making me want to dump it.
    Syaoran

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array Big_Gray PC Specs
    Big_Gray PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Zenpad Z580CA
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C320016R
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RX VEGA56 O8G
    MonitorAcer XF270HU 144Hz IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Monitors
    OS Windows10 x64
    Network RouterTP-Link VR2800
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift VR
    Accessory #2 Synology DS216+II
    Accessory #3 Synology DS116

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    64

    Which boards are you guys considering to replace your CH6?

    My loyalty to ASUS is also waning, I need something I can have confidence in. Elmor has already stated that the next update is only minor fixes and that the cold boot bug is still present. I fully expected problems with such a new platform, but there is no progression here, each new BIOS release still has mostly the same issues as the previous one. Sorry Asus, you are losing credibility!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •