Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Gray View Post
    Which boards are you guys considering to replace your CH6?

My loyalty to ASUS is also waning, I need something I can have confidence in. Elmor has already stated that the next update is only minor fixes and that the cold boot bug is still present. I fully expected problems with such a new platform, but there is no progression here, each new BIOS release still has mostly the same issues as the previous one. Sorry Asus, you are losing credibility!
    I am considering MSI's X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Gigabyte's GA-AX370-Gaming K7, and maybe Asrock's X370 Taichi. I have exclusively used MSI boards in my systems for quite a while but the power phase and position of the M.2 slot were the reasons I decided to give Asus a try once again.

The MSI board only has 6 SATA ports and possibly share two of those with the M.2 slot. I did plan on having two optical drives in this system but never actually bothered to put them in. I do have an M.2 drive though and three 3TB Seagate drives. I have a 6TB drive currently in another system that I may put back in this system along with another so having at least 6 usable SATA ports is important to me.

When you look at the forums for just about every X370 board out there. All of them have had some sort of issue. Most of them have been resolved though and continue to get timely updates. There are a couple of people around here that are quick to remind people that Gigabyte has an update that fried CPU's, which they quickly pulled and fixed. However, they seem to forget the issue with Q-Fan shutting off all fans and AIO's attached to the board for no reason to the point of where the system shuts down from overheating. Q-Fan is still broken, which is why most people have it completely disabled!

I feel bad for the team that have to create BIOS's for this motherboard. With most boards, one BIOS usually stands out as being a clear favorite for users. With the C6H, the spread of BIOS's that users are happy with, at least here, varies quite a lot. Between the 9943/9945, 1201, 9920, 1401, 1403, and 1501 still being mentioned in the BIOS thread for which users find is their best for stability and results for their overclock. That is a broad base to try and consolidate into one BIOS to attempt to please everyone. Personally, I wish they would stick to two separate BIOS's. One for 16GB of RAM and under and one for 16GB+ and four sticks of RAM configurations. Populating all four RAM slots as well as 32GB and higher densities of RAM significantly affect the C6H's stability.
    Syaoran

ROG Enthusiast Array Big_Gray PC Specs
    Big_Gray PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Zenpad Z580CA
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C320016R
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RX VEGA56 O8G
    MonitorAcer XF270HU 144Hz IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Monitors
    OS Windows10 x64
    Network RouterTP-Link VR2800
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift VR
    Accessory #2 Synology DS216+II
    Accessory #3 Synology DS116

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I am considering MSI's X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Gigabyte's GA-AX370-Gaming K7, and maybe Asrock's X370 Taichi. I have exclusively used MSI boards in my systems for quite a while but the power phase and position of the M.2 slot were the reasons I decided to give Asus a try once again.

The MSI board only has 6 SATA ports and possibly share two of those with the M.2 slot. I did plan on having two optical drives in this system but never actually bothered to put them in. I do have an M.2 drive though and three 3TB Seagate drives. I have a 6TB drive currently in another system that I may put back in this system along with another so having at least 6 usable SATA ports is important to me.

When you look at the forums for just about every X370 board out there. All of them have had some sort of issue. Most of them have been resolved though and continue to get timely updates. There are a couple of people around here that are quick to remind people that Gigabyte has an update that fried CPU's, which they quickly pulled and fixed. However, they seem to forget the issue with Q-Fan shutting off all fans and AIO's attached to the board for no reason to the point of where the system shuts down from overheating. Q-Fan is still broken, which is why most people have it completely disabled!

I feel bad for the team that have to create BIOS's for this motherboard. With most boards, one BIOS usually stands out as being a clear favorite for users. With the C6H, the spread of BIOS's that users are happy with, at least here, varies quite a lot. Between the 9943/9945, 1201, 9920, 1401, 1403, and 1501 still being mentioned in the BIOS thread for which users find is their best for stability and results for their overclock. That is a broad base to try and consolidate into one BIOS to attempt to please everyone. Personally, I wish they would stick to two separate BIOS's. One for 16GB of RAM and under and one for 16GB+ and four sticks of RAM configurations. Populating all four RAM slots as well as 32GB and higher densities of RAM significantly affect the C6H's stability.

Hi Syaoran,

I had already checked out the MSI and Giga boards you mention as well as the AS Killer, but completely forgot the Taichi! At first glance, it looks like it ticks the right boxes. Thanks for the heads up!

I had seriously considered the CH6 Extreme, it being a later model, but it seems it has the same issues as the CH6 Hero. Such a shame, but like I already said, confidence is key! Asus are falling way behind.

Thanks again !

New ROGer Array Oggy1985s PC Specs
    Oggy1985s PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung 30u3e-K01HS
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero (AMD x370)
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Flare X 16GB (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti
    MonitorLG34UC79G-B & LG 27EA63V
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 840, 250 GB & Samsung EVO 850, 500 GB
    Storage #2WD 1TB & WD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3, 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Logitech G
    Headset/Speakers Genius: SP-HF1800A
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC56U
    Accessory #1 Noctua NF-A14 PWM x4
    Accessory #2 Thrustmaster T160000M

Between MSI, Gigabyte, ASROCK and ASUS the most faith (and previous positive experience) I have with ASUS (MSI being 2nd). From my experience ASROCK support is horrible and Gigabyte is hit and miss. Ie. they had one of the best boards when Ryzen hit the market but according to forums and Reddit their two latest BIOSes are a serious downgrade in quality. MSI never launched a decent board for the Ryzen (they have amazing boards for Intel).

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy1985s View Post
    Between MSI, Gigabyte, ASROCK and ASUS the most faith (and previous positive experience) I have with ASUS (MSI being 2nd). From my experience ASROCK support is horrible and Gigabyte is hit and miss. Ie. they had one of the best boards when Ryzen hit the market but according to forums and Reddit their two latest BIOSes are a serious downgrade in quality. MSI never launched a decent board for the Ryzen (they have amazing boards for Intel).
    I wanted to be sold on the C6E but yeah... The same issues keep me away. It is essentially just an E-ATX version of the C6H with an extra M.2 slot, a slightly cleaner layout, and some little touches that don't go far enough (the 90 degree power connector but not doing the same with the connectors at the top of the board). My case will properly take an E-ATX motherboard and so do hope we see more of those from all manufactures in the future.

I usually shy away from Gigabyte but I also know people who swear by them. They may not be the top performing motherboards on the market but in most cases, they are reliable. Asrock Taichi ticks a lot of the boxes for me as well, but it is damn ugly, at least in my opinion. With computer cases having bigger windows and AIO's allowing people to show off the some of the nicer motherboard designs. There isn't a good excuse for the poorly chosen look of the Taichi, at least in my opinion.

With PCI Express 4 coming out late this year or early next year. Hopefully the X370 or whatever the revised chipset is called will have a lot less issues regardless of the manufacturer of the board it gets added to.
    Last edited by Syaoran; 09-17-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Bad auto correct on my phone.
    Syaoran

ROG Enthusiast Array sadaharu PC Specs
    sadaharu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyZen 7 1700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire HD7970 OC.
    MonitorASUS VX229H 21.5" FHD (1920x1080)
    Storage #1Transcend 220S 480 GB
    Storage #2WD 3.5" 1TB Caviar Blue SATA 3.0 7200Rpm 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNzxt h440 Matte Black
    Power SupplyCorsair GS800 80 PLUS® Bronze
    Keyboard Everest Rampage KM-R7 Keyboard
    Mouse Everest Rampage KM-R7 Mouse
    Headset Beats Solo 2
    Mouse Pad M.K. Atatürk Signature Special Black Edition
    Headset/Speakers MICROLAB M-200 (2+1) Piano Black Speaker
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Because they dont give a single f. on this Mobo.

I wish ı could return it.

But our dear seller in Turkey accept returns only if my c6h got burned or a T-Rex eat it.

Ovv. AURA wont working properly too btw.

Beautiful MOBO but ****ty support.

G.Skill tech guy once told me you should wait at the end of the year to get a proper update by ASUS. He was right. Maybe we can get one in 3-4 months.

But Im sure it will be BUGGY as hell too.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    ASUS is 2 bios behind the Asrock and Giga. (1006 -> 1006a -> 1006b)
    And also, these two brands already have 1006b bios unlike ASUS C6H still stuck at 1006.
    It is just matter of applying AGESA not fixing issue which takes time.
    Even if AGESA 1006b does not fixes many issues, it is still a fact that ASUS is behind other brands in adapting AGESA.
    Elmor is the main guy for this board's BIOS releases and I heard was had a vacation in August. Don't panic and don't expect miracles with 1006b.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by sadaharu View Post
    G.Skill tech guy once told me you should wait at the end of the year to get a proper update by ASUS. He was right. Maybe we can get one in 3-4 months.
    G.Skill has pretty much abandoned the Ryzen platform. They promised faster FlareX with 32GB+, but they never showed up at retail.

ROG Enthusiast Array sadaharu PC Specs
    sadaharu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyZen 7 1700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire HD7970 OC.
    MonitorASUS VX229H 21.5" FHD (1920x1080)
    Storage #1Transcend 220S 480 GB
    Storage #2WD 3.5" 1TB Caviar Blue SATA 3.0 7200Rpm 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNzxt h440 Matte Black
    Power SupplyCorsair GS800 80 PLUS® Bronze
    Keyboard Everest Rampage KM-R7 Keyboard
    Mouse Everest Rampage KM-R7 Mouse
    Headset Beats Solo 2
    Mouse Pad M.K. Atatürk Signature Special Black Edition
    Headset/Speakers MICROLAB M-200 (2+1) Piano Black Speaker
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
    G.Skill has pretty much abandoned the Ryzen platform. They promised faster FlareX with 32GB+, but they never showed up at retail.
    The whole RyZen 1st generation is just BLAH.

New ROGer Array voreo PC Specs
    voreo PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3200C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming X RX 480 8G
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB
    CaseCM Mastercase Maker 5
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G2 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by alexp999 View Post
    Have you tried 9920?
    Nah, basically got the board, got the latest on the site page at the time and stuck with it. Board has 1403.
    Sounds like a later version will have the 9920 fixes though?

Went with this one because it seemed to be the best aside from the Taichi, at least in terms of overall longevity.

I mean, able to run my ram at its rated speed/timings just fine, as well as use pstate just fine to 3.7 no problem (stock cooler, rather not push past that) (R5 1600)
    Last edited by voreo; 09-18-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2