cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First wall mounted liquid cooled SLI build (need help)

Laythj
Level 7
Hello,

Name is Layth and am attempting to build a wall mounted liquid cooled SLI PCmostly for gaming and some 3D rendering :

This is my:
First liquid cooled PC build.
First wall mounted PC build (NO CASE just a 4x4 MDF wood)

and after going through the scoping phase and deciding what i wanted, got the below parts:

(some items could be overkill (ignore) and some not up to spec (please let me know))

Build Sheet:

CPU I7700K
MB: ASUS Maximux IX Formula
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LED (RED) 3200 8 x 4 (32 GB)
GPU : 2X ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11GB DDR5 POSEIDON.
PSU: CORSAIR AX1500I
SSD: 500 Samsung Evo 960 M.2 (might get another for RAID 0 [ if that is worth it please let met know]) and a Transcend 1 TB 6 GBs SATA.

Water cooling loop:

RADs: EK-CoolStream CE 560 (Quad) x2
PUMP: EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
CPU BLOCK: EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
RAM BLOCK: EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Nickel EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs)
Tubing: 3X EK-HD Tube 12/16mm 500mm (2 pcs) (got this much cause thought i will screw up bending so will need spares )
FITINGS: EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 (PCSx16), K-AF Angled 45° G1/4 Black (PCSx10) and EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 Black (PCSx10)
FANS : Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red 140mm x8

MISC:
EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin)
EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan PWM Extended (got 1 should get another)
EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm (for the noob in me)
EK-Cable PWM Fan Extension (30cm) (depending on the position of the RADon the bored)
EK-CryoFuel Blood Red Concentrate 100 mL
XSPC LCD Temperature Sensor (Red) V2 + G1/4" Inline Sensor
flow sensor : (Looking for flow sensor compatible with the bored please help)

Challenges faced so far:

not haveing a case:
well a PC case is really nice yes we complain that its too small or to big but all the holes are there and everything is supported but sure you all know that just came to appreciate them more.

Thinks i didnt consider when starting this project .:
How to support the GPU:

The 1080 POSEIDON are huge and heavy and will need to be supported (they cant just hang on the PCIe slot (think it will break)) still thinking a clean way to do any ideas wold be appropriated.

How to support the PSU:
As am sure you all know PSU is only meant to be screwed in from one place (no pun indented) or at least the one i have is. dont want to open it and drill it so thinking of a clean way to support them.

water cooing :

this is my first time and man.......... am going with hard piping cause it looks cleaner and better (GOD HELP ME).

what i think of the things i got:
Pump maybe over kill but i dont really know how big the loop will be yet. I am a mechanical engineer by profession so will do some calculations to see what pump is best based on the bends, number of fittings , dp drops etc.. in the end flow mechanics.

RADS: dont really know could be over kill but more surface area the better cooling. (i just hated the 3 fan and wanted a 4 fan OSD)

I will need help on this as there is just so much one person can get from reading manuals and research, so i will be posting often and request your kind help if you all would please.

please go through the build sheet tell me if i missed anything and any advice will be helpfull

thank you all in advance for taking the time to go through this.

KR
Layth
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
If you are having trouble with some of the mountings you could always cut up an old atx case to make your own mounting hardware.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

[/HR]
xeromist wrote:
If you are having trouble with some of the mountings you could always cut up an old atx case to make your own mounting hardware.

Thanks xeromis, *saving the case for a NAS build later on.

Think ill just fabricate the supports that.

davemon50
Level 11
Mechanical engineer here too. Open wall mount sounds really interesting. With all the extra room, did you happen to consider losing some fans and just using convection? I have considered this before using FTR in a wall cavity, vertically stacked, with an inlet grille on the bottom, and outlet grille above. Probably 2 tiers. You could establish your own chimney effect between studding, and hide all the radiators. I would've created my own face panel on the wall for accessible piping connections. But no/diminished fan noise, none if you water cool the whole computer. Only pump noise for mechanical parts if you go all SSD.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Mechanical engineer here too. Open wall mount sounds really interesting. With all the extra room, did you happen to consider losing some fans and just using convection? I have considered this before using FTR in a wall cavity, vertically stacked, with an inlet grille on the bottom, and outlet grille above. Probably 2 tiers. You could establish your own chimney effect between studding, and hide all the radiators. I would've created my own face panel on the wall for accessible piping connections. But no/diminished fan noise, none if you water cool the whole computer. Only pump noise for mechanical parts if you go all SSD.

Hello davemon,*

Planning to over clock , so force induction *is the way to go. The wall idea is good but where am from the walls are made from reinforced concrete.