cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VIII / Frontbase or USB problem?

iixLokoZx
Level 7
Hello,

A year ago, I suffered with problems about my motherboard, I had a Maximus Hero VII.
The motherboard's issues where; wrong voltages, everything was unstable.
I send it after a while to the shop where it came from. I got a message a couple week(s) later that it was fixed, and that they where ready to return it to me.
I don't trusted that motherboard anymore since then. On that moment, I send them a message with the question if it was possible to trade it with a Maximus Hero VIII with the remaining costs. That motherboard is now for my dad's new pc.

The specs about his pc are:

Cooler Master V-series 1000W power supply
i7 7700k cpu
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
Corsair Liquid cooling H110i
Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD
ROG Frontbase
ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI O8G graphic card

A month ago, my dad unpacked the board for the first time. He has it since november 2016. When removed the cover of the cpu socket, there where bend pins.
After that, I contacted Asus. They received the board, and replaced a new socket, which I saw from the package discription.

After that, I installed Windows 10 Pro with the drivers. But, when installing the firmware/drivers for the frontbase it gave problems.
First of all, the connection to the ROG frontbase is placed in the ROG_EXT header, without a q-connector on the moment. Have tried it also with q-connector.
When pluggin in the usb to the motherboards usb header or the ROG header, Windows gives a message that the USB could not recogniized.
I have read/tried most of the fixes for the Windows error, or versions of firmware drivers that could help. But no, same error every time.

The ROG frontbase usb 2.0 in the frontbase itself works, and the display is also normal. When I'm trying to install the firmware, I go to he firmware folder and start the updater. With or without admin privileges. It doesn't work, the application itself says FB not found.

I thought the frontbase is broken, but then I remember that the USB port is working well as I said.

I'm curious if someone can help us out.

Kind regards
2 REPLIES 2

HeroVIII
Level 7
iixLokoZx wrote:
Hello,

A year ago, I suffered with problems about my motherboard, I had a Maximus Hero VII.
The motherboard's issues where; wrong voltages, everything was unstable.
I send it after a while to the shop where it came from. I got a message a couple week(s) later that it was fixed, and that they where ready to return it to me.
I don't trusted that motherboard anymore since then. On that moment, I send them a message with the question if it was possible to trade it with a Maximus Hero VIII with the remaining costs. That motherboard is now for my dad's new pc.

The specs about his pc are:

Cooler Master V-series 1000W power supply
i7 7700k cpu
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
Corsair Liquid cooling H110i
Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD
ROG Frontbase
ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI O8G graphic card

A month ago, my dad unpacked the board for the first time. He has it since november 2016. When removed the cover of the cpu socket, there where bend pins.
After that, I contacted Asus. They received the board, and replaced a new socket, which I saw from the package discription.

After that, I installed Windows 10 Pro with the drivers. But, when installing the firmware/drivers for the frontbase it gave problems.
First of all, the connection to the ROG frontbase is placed in the ROG_EXT header, without a q-connector on the moment. Have tried it also with q-connector.
When pluggin in the usb to the motherboards usb header or the ROG header, Windows gives a message that the USB could not recogniized.
I have read/tried most of the fixes for the Windows error, or versions of firmware drivers that could help. But no, same error every time.

The ROG frontbase usb 2.0 in the frontbase itself works, and the display is also normal. When I'm trying to install the firmware, I go to he firmware folder and start the updater. With or without admin privileges. It doesn't work, the application itself says FB not found.

I thought the frontbase is broken, but then I remember that the USB port is working well as I said.

I'm curious if someone can help us out.

Kind regards

Hi iixLokoZx, it is a hot topic, try to look for the firmware of Rog Front Base in the support page of the motherboard Maximus VIII Hero in particular Version 1.01.17 but dated 2015/10/27 and follow the same steps that you have done to update, you will see as there are several files test with them until the correct solution.
In this thread you can get up to date a little:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83628-Maximus-VIII-hero-problem-with-rog-front-base&p=6362...

I hope it helps you.

Greetings.

Thanks for your reply,

At first, when download and launching that driver you menchioned it sayed again that the frontbase not was connected.
After that, we came to the idea to disconnect the Frontbase from my dad's pc and connect it via USB to my pc.

I have a Gigabyte G3 Gaming motherboard, plugged the USB in a random port on the board. Updated the Frontbase with the firmware version above, after that again updating with the latest firmware. Disconnected it from my pc, and connected it on his pc. At startup, no errors and no notifications that it would'nt work. Everything just fine. Then ROG Connect plus installed.

We are glad that everything works now!