cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware v1.00.10 OLED/Aura issues

Cory29
Level 7
After running the update

The first thing i see when booting everytime is "bios is updating led firmware" (is it reinstall the firmware everytime I restart?)

After boot the lights on the backplate don't work. The oled and the lights on the io cover and m.2 shield work

I can not run the install tool again it simply says I have the latest version

UEFI 9960
Windows 10 (latest version/updates not beta)
13 REPLIES 13

gupsterg
Level 13
I did run that update on my rig but app said have latest version. I'm using UEFI 0601. I don't have that message on my ZE, no issue on rear IO panel lights.

Here is screenie of FW page in UEFI, link, curious what versions are yours?
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

the message is still there its a 2-3 second blurb before everything boots saying the (LED firmware is updating please don't shutdown) every time

I tried the new aura software but it just crashes

I added 2 images

I'd call support but for the last 2 boards I had to return they just sounded confused. I'm just hoping the update didn't brick the controller (i doubt it did I just don't want to send this thing back again)

gupsterg
Level 13
I know the text you are getting. I have had that on Asus Crosshair VI Hero. Occurs when a EC FW has been updated due to a newer UEFI flashed to board. It will happen one time on first post after flash and then not.

Viewing your screenshot we have the same EC FW for all on board. So you shouldn't be repeatedly getting the message of update.

If in your shoes I would remove power fully from rig, do clear CMOS, then switch on wall plug and using 'Flashback' method flash 0601. After you have had a successful post shutdown again, remove power from rig, do clear CMOS. Boot up and see if all is fine.

I agree tech support can be clueless at times on issues like this.

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger

Da Music video

I've done the clear cmos and power off

I guess I'll downgrade the bios tomorrow see if that helps

Its sounding like the firmware didn't complete for some reason and I'm not seeing a way to fix it or reinstall/flash it

gupsterg
Level 13
I think the EC FW has occurred. For some reason at post the board is stuck in a 1x loop of trying to keep updating when not needed.

Perhaps by a reflash of another UEFI it will resolve, I can not say for certain.

I will PM thread link to Elmor, he works in Asus ROG MB R&D, he does post/read forum but may have missed your thread.

Da Music video

elmor
Level 10
I'm aware of an issue when using older Aura software, which will write wrong data to the Aura chip causing BIOS to think it needs updating every boot. Since this data is rewritten by software every time you enter the OS, it will keep updating. Try uninstalling Aura and whatever services it installs, let BIOS update once and see if it solves your problem. Another way to confirm this would be to boot only to BIOS, power off and on again, and see that BIOS will not attempt to update it unless you've entered the OS.

its randomly working now

so the side light bar has been off for about 4-5 days after updating to 1.0.0.10
I booted up this morning to play with the bios versions and my computer gave me a shutdown boot into bios error and they turned on.
(I didn't change a setting) I have rebooted the computer every way possible at least 6 times a day for the last week and they have been stuck off
I am just going to assume it was bad cache

well the lights work but Aura the software crapped out

both the current and the new 5.22 crash when opening
I have uninstalled both used the cleaner and manually deleted everything related to aura in regedit and reinstalled with the same error

reinstalled windows allowed the software to work again (cross fingers)

pretty bad that if you uninstall it corrupts the new install or if you try to update its unable to clean out the old files correctly I did my best to clean out everything I could find manually

This issue also wipes out the oled software