cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gx501 fan control / and driver bios updates

rsunahar
Level 7
Does anyone know of a way to control the fans on this model?
Although my temps are fine, I think that having the fans at a constant speed while gaming would actually be better than to wait for them to ramp up and down.

Also I looked for options in ROG gaming center and I don't see the turbo gear option even after updating from the acer download page. Also I'm on bios 300 but the latest posted to the download page is 202. Do I have a new unreleased bios?
8 REPLIES 8

toronto699
Level 13
I'm curious as to the date of your 300 bios, Bios 202 date is 2017/07/06 { update} and is the only bios listed and did bios 300 come with the Gx500 installed? and was turbo gear option available before u did the updated ROG gaming center

toronto699 wrote:
I'm curious as to the date of your 300 bios, Bios 202 date is 2017/07/06 { update} and is the only bios listed and did bios 300 come with the Gx500 installed? and was turbo gear option available before u did the updated ROG gaming center

sorry I'm not at the laptop right now. Yes I have bios 300. I read about the turbo gear option on a review site for this laptop

toronto699
Level 13
ON the driver page in Others is turbo boost update . Others owners say they have Bios 300 , but its not posted on driver page

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Manual control of the fans is not available since that will consume more power. The latest firmware revision is 300.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Manual control of the fans is not available since that will consume more power. The latest firmware revision is 300.

thank you for an official answer, I really appreciate it.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Can you guys upload bios 300? I used the 201 bios you have on the asus site on my computer when I had bios 300 before, now I'm at 201. I thought it wouldn't let me use the update if it older, but it did.

blitzhax wrote:
Can you guys upload bios 300? I used the 201 bios you have on the asus site on my computer when I had bios 300 before, now I'm at 201. I thought it wouldn't let me use the update if it older, but it did.

yes same here

Hello, same here. Please upload the new BIOS to the Support page. Also there is still the "distortion issue" with my left speaker in mid-high audio.