cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifact in Windows Loading Screen, 0 problems in Games

toxzl2
Level 7
Good morning guys, I might need a little help here... I was modifying a bit my memory and fast boot options and now I see an artifact/tearing right after Republic of Gamer/Windows logo finish its loading... it looks like another loading screen but with artifacts and it last like 1 sec (see video below). Windows is good, 0 game artifacts... it looks like it is something between bios and windows loading screen... I already swapped the battery... bios reset... tried another gpu... replaced DP cable... nothing works... I am using Windows 10 UEFI GPT partition I don't know if it damaged the windows UEFI mode or my video card memory or the UEFI GPU BIOS GOP. I appreciate your help here... Thanks a lot! Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueinuFDDyh0

Update:

With CSM enabled, I see 3-4 monitor flashes before F2 DEL options and if I press F2, I see like 2 more flashes before going into the BIOS... Sometimes I don't the F2/DEL options but If I press F2, I see Q-Code changes to A9 but no image, have to reset. Same artifact/tearing in Windows loading screen.

WIth CSM disabled, I don't see the flashes and it always show F2/DEL options and I can get inside the BIOS without problems but I see the windows loading screen tearing/artifact
21 REPLIES 21

toxzl2
Level 7

andyliu
Level 9
try use DDU to fully clean everything then reinstall your driver.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

and worst case, reinstall your windows might help.
if you have spare harddrive laying around, just use that and load windows on it to see if it solve the issue.

I personally only have 2 monitor, 1 connected via DP, 1 connected via HDMI
and with CSM enabled, it will prefer the monitor connected via HDMI, at least that's how it works for me.
only with CSM disable, it will default to the one via DP.

andyliu wrote:
try use DDU to fully clean everything then reinstall your driver.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

and worst case, reinstall your windows might help.
if you have spare harddrive laying around, just use that and load windows on it to see if it solve the issue.

I personally only have 2 monitor, 1 connected via DP, 1 connected via HDMI
and with CSM enabled, it will prefer the monitor connected via HDMI, at least that's how it works for me.
only with CSM disable, it will default to the one via DP.

I reinstalled windows, I cleaned drivers with DDU, have not tried another SSD, and I tried HDMI, same problem.

I don't know if my MB BIOS is corruped with a bad image... I see an under score in top left corner before seeing Asus ROG logo... I reflashed from 1501 to 1403 to 9920 and to 1403 to 1501... nothing works...

I tried another monitor... tried another DP cable... tried another GPU... nothing seems to work... I don't know what is damaged MB BIOS, GPU BIOS (I reflashed it, same issues)

Another suggestion? Thanks a lot for your answer I really appreciate it!

toxzl2 wrote:
I reinstalled windows, I cleaned drivers with DDU, have not tried another SSD, and I tried HDMI, same problem.

I don't know if my MB BIOS is corruped with a bad image... I see an under score in top left corner before seeing Asus ROG logo... I reflashed from 1501 to 1403 to 9920 and to 1403 to 1501... nothing works...

I tried another monitor... tried another DP cable... tried another GPU... nothing seems to work... I don't know what is damaged MB BIOS, GPU BIOS (I reflashed it, same issues)

Another suggestion? Thanks a lot for your answer I really appreciate it!

I assumed you have reset everything in BIOS and tried the default setting.
by reflash, were you using usb flash back or the in bios reflash, give usb flash back a try.
and if you want, you can do it 2-3 times in a row
it does fix some weird issue (different, but weird) for me.
and doesn't hurt to download the bios file with different browser, since you think it might be a bad image.

oh and, have you tried to just power off the PSU completely and let it sit for maybe 10-15 min?
You mentioned switching graphic card, so I kinda assumed you did power off PSU, but just in case :P.
kinda sux with the imperfect working system, gl

Yes, bios default, reflashed from 1501 to 1403, same issue, to 9920, it did not work, back to 1403, same issue, back to 1501, same issue...

Yes, I used USB flashback going backwards, from 1501 to 1403 and 9920.

Do you mean flash the same bios over and over?

Yes, I removed the power cord, also the battery, let it sit 8 hours without power... same issues.

It really sucks... I bought another motherboard to see if it fixes the problem but can I RMA for a refund for the broken motherboard if the new one works?

Thanks a lot for your help bro! I will leave it alone till I receive the new one...

Hello,

I got the same issue at last second loading double artifact flash since p8z77 pro windows 10 anni update. It didn't change when I switched to Crosshair VI Hero, neither fresh Windows install. I don't think could be PSU, as I had broked psu on past with Corsair AX850 using now currently Seasonic Planinum 650.

Edit: I think got something with low resolution on windows startup. I used able to fix now I am forgotten. Since the anni update reset Windows back to default that common issue plague again. x)

HnS-CHH wrote:
Hello,

I got the same issue at last second loading double artifact flash since p8z77 pro windows 10 anni update. It didn't change when I switched to Crosshair VI Hero, neither fresh Windows install. I don't think could be PSU, as I had broked psu on past with Corsair AX850 using now currently Seasonic Planinum 650.

Edit: I think got something with low resolution on windows startup. I used able to fix now I am forgotten. Since the anni update reset Windows back to default that common issue plague again. x)

What did you do to fix it back then?

Thanks a lot!

toxzl2 wrote:
What did you do to fix it back then?

Thanks a lot!

As I said, I have forgotten.

Also I am using display port as my monitor is pg258q. Don't have dvi either.

toxzl2 wrote:
Yes, bios default, reflashed from 1501 to 1403, same issue, to 9920, it did not work, back to 1403, same issue, back to 1501, same issue...

Yes, I used USB flashback going backwards, from 1501 to 1403 and 9920.

Do you mean flash the same bios over and over?

Yes, I removed the power cord, also the battery, let it sit 8 hours without power... same issues.

It really sucks... I bought another motherboard to see if it fixes the problem but can I RMA for a refund for the broken motherboard if the new one works?

Thanks a lot for your help bro! I will leave it alone till I receive the new one...

ya I meant just flash the same bios over and over.
for me, my bios was acting up, freeze the second i change ram frequency.
I just redownload it with different browser (was chrome, so I tried with edge) reflash couple time back to back.
While it might not be the same issue, but give that a try if you think BIOS was corrupted.

Also the reason I suggest to use different drive is that I saw an old post regarding to this issue.
ssd was giving the guy issue, and no artifact with mechanical drive.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3052002/ssd-boots-windows-red-artifacts.html

I dont know if you tried this, but when you reinstall windows, have you tried to delete all partition on the drive and let windows create it?
I think i had weird issue where it was solved by delete the partition and let windows handle everything.

but ya, gl and hope you can get it solved 🙂