cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS Signs and Symptoms of an almost dead laptop?

Neovox
Level 7
Hi everyone

Well, I have a g750JS for almost 3 years. That's a pretty good NB btw, can run all games even in high settings. I take care of my baby cleaning and repasting very often. But today, a very weird thing happened... I was playing Batman Arkham Knight when, suddenly, the notebook shutted down. I tried to turn it on, but no lights or leds turned on... Well, I thought the worst thing happened. When I was dissassembling it to check for some kind of clues, I pressed the power button and it ressurrected from the ashes. I just can't find an explanation for this fact. Is this a symptom of the motherboard trying to say goodbye to me? Btw, I always check the GPU/CPU temps whenever I'm playing something, and the values sounds very reasonable to me: CPU MAX 69°C and GPU MAX 78°C (consider the fact that I live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil and the weather its like hell).

PS. I don't use battery anymore, mine is dead and always plugged in AC.

Thanks in advance for any help

=D
2 REPLIES 2

ST9752
Level 10
Sounds like a thermal problem that corrected itself after the system had time to cool.

ST9752 wrote:
Sounds like a thermal problem that corrected itself after the system had time to cool.

Weird right? haha
Well I'm afraid to run games again. Any tips?

Thanks =D