cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Sound snap external

Darnassus
Status Under Review
So we all know the internal speakers make a snap every time sound is played prior and after, a crackle, or a pop.. an audible sound when the speaker turns on from its sleeping state, then turns off.

SO, the same thing is now happening with my EXTERNAL speakers..

Why in the world is this happening.. and how do we fix it..

My external speakers make the subtle hiss sound between pops (when audio is awake) like the internal speakers do, as if it's the Audio Driver itself.
2 REPLIES 2

BoutTime01
Level 7
Because Asus either don't care about fixing it, or they can't fix it. Honestly, with the amount of owners on here complaining about this issue, you'd expect Asus would address it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ST9752
Level 10
It likely is controlled by the audio driver, but it's really just a crappy amp circuit that makes audible transient signals as it powers down. Since it is configured to power down the amp about 2 seconds after the sound drops out we get to hear the transient sounds frequently. This is just bad software and/or hardware design. They go to the trouble of putting in a separate woofer and leave this crappy transient in? It just doesn't make sense.

Something you could do is either use the spdif output or just stop using the internal amp at all and switch to a USB audio adapter.