cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xc0000005 Errors

RambOe
Level 7
Hello,

Since mid August I've been getting 0xc0000005 errors. They occur with Dropbox, Adobe CC 2017 products, Aida64 FP32/FP64, PHPStorm, Hyper (hyper.io), and sometimes svchost. The strange part, games never crash. I can game for hours and no errors occur.

Here is what I did:
- Disabled the OC: didn't help
- Memtest for 24 hours: RAM is fine
- Replaced the RAM: didn't help
- Reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times: with internet, without internet, with drivers, without drivers: same problem
- Unplugged all USB devices: same problem
- Removed the graphics cards: same problem
- Replaced the SSD: same problem
- Reflashed the BIOS to 0906 and 1009: same problem

Is my CPU defective or the Motherboard?
18 REPLIES 18

RambOe
Level 7
Hello Nate152,

I came across the article and other many variants.
- It's not a virus or malware: reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times (see my previous message)
- No corrupt system files
- Disabling DEP didn't help
- Reset Windows Internet Explorer settings: I use Firefox

I also tried multiple Windows 10 builds, but it didn't help.

Nate152
Thank you, the only thing left on the list is incorrect hardware configuration.

Have you recently added any new hardware since you've been getting the error ?

RambOe
Level 7
No, it just happened out of the sudden. The PC was working fine. I started Photoshop to edit a photo and Photoshop crashed. I restarted Photoshop thinking it was a random crash but no. Restarted the PC, same problem. I kept noticing that more and more programs were crashing. So I did all the things I mentioned in my first post and nothing helped.

Nate152

RambOe
Level 7
It's not the SSD or RAM because I've replaced those to test if the original ones are faulty (see my first post).

Nate152
I'm not too familiar with this particular error so if these articles didn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Since you've tried with minimal components and reinstalling windows gives you the same, it would pretty much have to be the cpu, motherboard as you suggest or possibly the psu.

Would you have any of these spare parts to test ?

RambOe
Level 7
I've ordered a new cheap CPU to test it. Hopefully I'll receive it this week.

The PSU is fine, the voltages are stable.

Nate152
Ok then you pretty much have it narrowed down to the board or cpu, I guess all we can do is wait for you to give us an update.

Myself, I will lean toward the cpu.

One more thing, have you tried with your system reset to defaults ?