cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NH-D15 Second Fan

Flink488
Level 7
Hi there.bought this mobo last monday,Imounted a NH-D15 on it,but only with one fan,now I think I'll put the second one too but idk where to attach it in the mobo

As seen on the page 16/100 here in the point 5 there are 3 attach for the fans,I attached in the first one from left the case fan connector,in the second one I attached the main fan in the NH-D15,do I attach the second one in the third slot?

I noticed that ''maybe'' the first attachment is for the 2nd fan of the NH-D15,but if I attach the 2nd fan there,where do I attach the Case's fan?In the third one(which is probably for pumps)
8 REPLIES 8

andyliu
Level 9
the header @ top right corner is for the CPU, and they CPU_OPT CPU_FAN AIO_PUMP from left to right.
if I am reading it correctly, you are connecting a case fan on CPU_OPT.

there are multiple location for item no 5 (headers),
hopefully the image helps you plan out where you wanna connect the fan

and if you wanna sync the CPU fan, I will suggest that you connect the fan on CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT

andyliu wrote:
the header @ top right corner is for the CPU, and they CPU_OPT CPU_FAN AIO_PUMP from left to right.
if I am reading it correctly, you are connecting a case fan on CPU_OPT.

there are multiple location for item no 5 (headers),
hopefully the image helps you plan out where you wanna connect the fan

and if you wanna sync the CPU fan, I will suggest that you connect the fan on CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT

Ok,the 2cpu ones in the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT,but where do I put all the cases one?They're all bind to a single connector,both one rear fan and 2 frontal

For case fans use connectors marked as CHA_FAN1, 2 and 3. If this isn't enough use the water pump connectors though I think that water pump connectors can't be regulated via motherboards fan control software (they work at 100% load).

Oggy1985s wrote:
For case fans use connectors marked as CHA_FAN1, 2 and 3. If this isn't enough use the water pump connectors though I think that water pump connectors can't be regulated via motherboards fan control software (they work at 100% load).

Does connecting the whole connector to the CHA_FAN2 makes it still be controlled by the mobo?

Yes, connecting the whole connector to the CHA_FAN2 will still be controlled by the motherboard.

Motherboard won't know how many fans you connected to the single connector. The downside of this approach is that you can't control the fans individually and if you connect too many fans on the same connector their performance might be hindered because they might require more power than a single fan connector will provide.

Check out page "1-24" of the ASUS Crosshair VI Hero manual. There you can find the table which lists maximum current and power values for each fan header. For power requirement of your fans consult manufacturer's web page. Ie. Noctua NF-A14 PWM uses 0,13A and 1,56W so in theory one could connect 7 fans to the same connector without reducing their performance.

andyliu
Level 9
you use phantek evolve, the fan header are jointed on the back of the motherboard tray, and you can easily unplug and split them.
you dont necessary need to use them as you have enough fan header.
you have 1 rear and 2 front
What I will do is put the rear fan on CHA_FAN1, and 2 front fan can be easily link and add with CHA_FAN2
some ppl been saying that they experiencing FAN stuck @ full speed, and it seems the best solution is not overload the I/O chip controller.
so def not going to over stress the fan header.

andyliu
Level 9
you use phantek evolve, the fan header are jointed on the back of the motherboard tray, and you can easily unplug and split them.
you dont necessary need to add all fan on the hub as you have enough fan header.
What I will do is put the rear fan on CHA_FAN1, and 2 front fan can be easily link and add with CHA_FAN2
some ppl been saying that they experiencing FAN stuck @ full speed, and it seems the best solution is not overload the I/O chip controller.

andyliu
Level 9
you dont necessary need to add all fan on the hub as you have enough fan header.
some ppl been experiencing FAN stuck @ full speed, and it seems the best solution is not overload the I/O chip controller.