cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG8890 Tytan ground up build!

seanay00
Level 7
Hello fellow ROG people!
I managed to get my hands on a bare bones brand new in box CG8890 Tytan case. Now the big question what do I put inside of it?!?!

For those who know me i have a vast collection of ROG hardware including every motherboard up to the Maximus VIII series and rare ROG gpu's. I was thinking of doing a retro(ish) build using periodic parts to do the ULTIMATE CG8890 Tytan build. So matching in with the aggressive lines of the case i was thinking a Maximus VII Formula, 4790K, 32GB Trident X 2400Mhz ram, Either 1 or 2 Ares 3's and all under water. Now the issue with this case is that space for watercooling is horrible so a case mod is definitely gonna happen. Let me know your thoughts on this crazy idea people :thumbup:

3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sean scores again! An aggressive build is definitely a good direction, modding or replacing some panels with clear acrylic would be great to show off the inside! Panels controlled via software or remote would be sick 🙂 The lighting could be upgraded to Aura Sync.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sean scores again! An aggressive build is definitely a good direction, modding or replacing some panels with clear acrylic would be great to show off the inside! Panels controlled via software or remote would be sick 🙂 The lighting could be upgraded to Aura Sync.

Haha I have actually thought of all of that! The acrylic side will be the hardest part but would still love to do it. I was thinking tinted glass like the Inwin 509. But yes everything will be aura sync'd, and every piece of hardware will be ROG to carry out the "Ultimate Tytan build" theme.

seanay00
Level 7
So now ROG has finally made a ROG psu this build will definitely have a THOR psu. I will start this project once i move in the next few weeks. Very excited for this TYTAN build 🙂