cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog gl502vs performance Witcher 3

PedroSequeira
Level 7
Hi everyone, i got an Asus ROG gl502vs - i7 6700HQ + gtx 1070, and i want to know if it's normal that this laptop really stress to run witcher 3 at 60 fps with resolution at 1080p. I already undervolted the cpu -145mv and the temperatures on cpu is at ~90ºc and game is usualy below 60 fps... i ask this because i also own a desktop with a i5 6700K + gtx 970 OC and that my desktop dont have any problems running this game at 60 fps with extremely low temperatures, like ~60ºc... I like this laptop but this values are normal? my desktop have 1 year and cost me like 900€ and asus laptop is new and cost me 1700€ i actually tought that gtx 1070 even on laptop could do a better performance... maybe i'm doing something wrong, any other users have this experience too?
Thanks in advance and sorry for anything mispelled.
3 REPLIES 3

rolllooo
Level 7
I has same laptop and on witcher 2 with maximum setting (without uberprobing) my GPU get 80o and CPU approx 75- I suppose it is to high for that game. Test your laptop on 3D mark performance basic test and check your mark- low scoring can point ad problems with cooling.

Thanks for ur reply, i did passmark test on laptop and the gtx 1070 got nice score 10k+ on desktop ( 970) got 9k+. So i guess the problem isnt actually the gpu, which it stays at 80ºc stable... Probably the cpu is holding it back i guess, i use intel xtreme utility to undervolt the cpu and it doesnt show that he is thermal throtling...

I'm currently using "whisper mode" from GeForce Experience to hold fps at 45 on witcher 3 ( ultra settings ) and the temperatures arent that bad, i guess i'm just a little disapointed with price/performance i guess... without whisper mode cpu reach over 100ºc and ofc throtle 🙂

I also did some research and i see this is a common issue with this version, maybe Asus can make a bios version with lower voltages for cpu and gpu to keep performance/heat more... barely.

Thanks again o/

Hello again, I used msi afterburner to check the things with my gtx 1070 and i noticed that it hits power limit and then droped the performance, i didnt touch the curve or anything, the interesting part is that i tought it was downclocking because of heat but the "temp limit" isnt reached, the gpu is throttling because power limit. It is normal hitting the power limit? i was playing witcher 3 ultra settings on 1080p.

thanks in advance!