cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1950X New Build - High Temps Before Update

the_avenger
Level 7
Just got my zenith xtreme and 1950x imported from amazon , i have a corsair h115i cooler installed on the cpu - when i first assembled the pc and went into the bios i say the temps at 65c even touching 70c , i found this to be odd - i re applyied thermal paste and also updated the bios to the latest - temps at now like 45c - 49c its summer in my country and rooms are warm .

is the temps right for the processor - i did not do any major testing just did a benchmark of tomb raider and thats it ..i noticed that the cpu voltage was like 1.35 / 1.38 volts , all things are on auto .

should i leave all settings on auto or should i manually dial in the voltages , also whats the max over clock which can be done on a 1950x on all cores can it do 4.5 ghz on all cores

and if so what voltages should i apply which can be considered safe
1 REPLY 1

legendarypoet
Level 7
The chip has an internal offset of 27 degrees. Some version of the BIOS account for it while others do not for some reason.
You can just leave it on auto, I find that XFR is good for most applications. You may get an all core overclock of up to 4.2, but you would be really luck. 3.8-4.0 is about the average. I did not have a lot of luck with overclocking and the H115i. I got to 4.075 very stable w/ the Enermax Liqtech TR4.