cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme bug report form

Raja
Level 13
Use this form to report bugs. Be as complete as you can. Verify you actually have a bug to report before filling out the form, though.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZvt0dGCJG47s5ygH4oS1niUcNz0U5v5jn0vmvZcPPkWg1cg/viewform
19 REPLIES 19

Harley2000
Level 8
Hi Raja asus zenith extreme x399 rtx2080 2 cards no boot error code OE LOAD VGA BIOS

having trouble using 2 rtx2080s in my system no boot ,with nvlink or without
tried
one rtx 2080 and one gtx980 it boots ,tried two gtx980s in sli it boots ,tried one rtx 2080 in each slot it boots,there are more forums with same problem,sorry about posting it here

specs
asus zenith extreme x399
32 gb corsair vengence
1200w corsair hx i platanum

camulos
Level 7
I am also having the issue of being unable to run 2x 2080 Ti cards in my system. I can use the dip switches to disable a PCIE slot of either card (which are plugged into slots 1 and 3 of the x16 slots) and it boots fine. Previously I was running 2x 1080 Ti with no problems.

This issue is not plaguing other manufacturers x399 boards so is not an AMD related issue. I've also been posting on overclock.net https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...thread-96.html

elmor has said he will test tomorrow so hopefully he has an answer for us in the next few days.

I've raised a support ticket with ASUS Technical Support and completed the Zenith Extreme bug report form. Knowing that I am not the first to do this and not seeing replies elsewhere makes me wonder if this issue is being taken seriously by ASUS. This is a high end motherboard that costs a not inconsiderable amount and the support has been rubbish.

I was on the edge of loosing hope until the reply from elmor, to which I am very grateful to him for. He has restored a little spark in me for the time being.

The problem was, as far as I can see, first raised by eco_batch on 22.09.18

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Load-VGA-Bios

Two full working weeks have passed and to date no official response. It's a real kick in the balls.

Unlike Harley2000 I am not sorry for posting here. There has been plenty of time for an official response to be issued and still we sit here in the dark.

camulos
Level 7
Duplicate post. Deleted.

amelius
Level 7
I'm also having the same issue of being unable to post with two 2080Ti's (or a Titan V with one 2080Ti) on the board the same time, all of them work on their own in their slots, but never more than one. Have tried all previous troubleshooting as well.

Configuration:
Asus ROG Zenith Extreme
Threadripper 2990WX
128 GB DDR4-2933 Triden Z RGB RAM
2x 2080Ti 1x Titan V
EVGA 1600P2 PSU
3x 960 Evo NVMe SSD.

amelius wrote:
I'm also having the same issue of being unable to post with two 2080Ti's (or a Titan V with one 2080Ti) on the board the same time, all of them work on their own in their slots, but never more than one. Have tried all previous troubleshooting as well.

Configuration:
Asus ROG Zenith Extreme
Threadripper 2990WX
128 GB DDR4-2933 Triden Z RGB RAM
2x 2080Ti 1x Titan V
EVGA 1600P2 PSU
3x 960 Evo NVMe SSD.

ZE 1501 https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9mik...-1501.zip/file

- Should solve 2x RTX 2080 getting stuck at 0E

This was just released internally, someone else seems to have fixed it for us

thanks to elmor on overclockers net

Harley2000
Level 8
news update
the new bios 1501 is on asus website to download
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

i

Yves
Level 7
BIOS version 1501 still has the "Code 30 / Check CPU" bug after the system comes back out of sleep mode !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

@ASUS: FIX THIS PLEASE !!!

gupsterg
Level 13
I'm currently on a beta which is available on OCN. I believe it is based on UEFI 1402 as it pre dates 1501. Resuming from sleep it has no issues. Another member is using 1601, again available on OCN and a thread here has link. A user that I know uses sleep, is on that UEFI and has not reported an issue similar to you. Perhaps give them a go.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Cory29
Level 7
UEFI 1701

fan profiles created in UEFI do not apply to windows on restart unless you open to load UEFI menu (f2) first

Computer unable to shutdown windows closes but the motherboard is still on and still powering fans never turns off

** forced to use asus ai suit to correct issue however AI suit is worse at detecting and seeing correct % vales for fans
**example I have 6 fans all the same yet AI suit gives them a different % min for each one some can go down to 10% some are stuck at 30%
*** this appears to be the same issue that this board had at launch