Did you mean: 

BIOS 1602 available under win 8

andyliu
Level 9
10 REPLIES 10

jbasemoine
Level 9
it's alos under win 10 64 bit.
Just instelled it and tried it out still can't get ram to work on 3600 mhz on cold boot :S

jbasemoine wrote:
it's alos under win 10 64 bit.
Just instelled it and tried it out still can't get ram to work on 3600 mhz on cold boot :S

ya it was only available under win 8 earlier when I made the post.
I wouldn't expect it to work better on higher ram O.C since there is no AGESA code update.

Only thing I noticed is that it does load windows faster, or at least it feel like it's loading faster.
Haven't had cold boot issue @ 3200 Mhz, but only time will tell. (i normally only expereience it every 4 - 5 shutdown, so gonna be a while to tell)

patiently waiting for the next AGESA update to 1.0.0.7 😄 and hopefully we can get it soon

andyliu wrote:
ya it was only available under win 8 earlier when I made the post.
I wouldn't expect it to work better on higher ram O.C since there is no AGESA code update.

Only thing I noticed is that it does load windows faster, or at least it feel like it's loading faster.
Haven't had cold boot issue @ 3200 Mhz, but only time will tell. (i normally only expereience it every 4 - 5 shutdown, so gonna be a while to tell)

patiently waiting for the next AGESA update to 1.0.0.7 😄 and hopefully we can get it soon

Same here, despite 1501 which alowd me to run ram @ 3466 (which was awesome :D) i had the same cold boot isseus, 4 out of 5 times it preformed a cold boot the 5th time i needed to enter the bios save changes (while no changes where made :P) and i cold booted 4 times on 3466 again, now i'm on cold nr 3 and hopeing 1602 won't suffer from the cold boot problem!
Now hoping 1.0.0.7 comes soon (hav not read anything about 1.0.0.7 so far, also han't found any official confirmation from AMD that 1.0.0.7 will come etc...) but let's hope the new bios comes quick and offers me to get ram to work on 3600 as intented 😄 also some fixes for al those isseus like a good solide thrust worthy temprature readin whould be awesome! now even ryzen mast keeps jumping up and down while pc is idle so i don't even thrust those readings! Luckly my new AIO cpu cooler keeps tract of the heat the liquide inside the cooler and i keep that as referings point temprature wise!

Will flashing this BIOS onto a C6H Wifi work fine? This BIOS isn't listed under any OS for the Wifi model.

N3XU5 wrote:
Will flashing this BIOS onto a C6H Wifi work fine? This BIOS isn't listed under any OS for the Wifi model.

It shouldn't be flashable on the WiFi version although they are essentially the same board.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
It shouldn't be flashable on the WiFi version although they are essentially the same board.

If it helps(?) any, I think I may have mistakenly flashed the 1403 version of the regular C6H on my WiFi board and it ran fine, and then I updated to the correct version of 1501 for the Wifi board.

N3XU5 wrote:
If it helps(?) any, I think I may have mistakenly flashed the 1403 version of the regular C6H on my WiFi board and it ran fine, and then I updated to the correct version of 1502 for the Wifi board.

I don't have the WiFi version of the board but the only different is, because the ID of the board, is the WiFi card. I can remember a few people in the BIOS thread not being happy because they couldn't flash beta BIOS's even though the board was the same. From my understanding, there is some string in the BIOS that ID's the two boards and prevents them from flashing the BIOS's from one another.
Syaoran

N3XU5 wrote:
If it helps(?) any, I think I may have mistakenly flashed the 1403 version of the regular C6H on my WiFi board and it ran fine, and then I updated to the correct version of 1502 for the Wifi board.

wouldn't recommend it. while it's essentially the same board, you might just brick it by flashing the wrong bios.
I can't say I have pleasant experience so far. I always only oc memory and keep CPU @ default.
random qcode 62, 8, 0d, 0E happens a lot. cold boot still there, random dram voltage shoot up to 1.8v, CPU temp go negative, and the worst, UEFI locks up when trying to change ram frequency.
and might be worst for me, still testing though.

literally flashes UEFI back ot back like 5+ times multiple times, and those still happens quite often.
i think the worst for me is the UEFI locks up, not sure if it has to do with logitech keyboard (G910) and mouse (G502)
they literally just can happen whenever ...

andyliu wrote:
wouldn't recommend it. while it's essentially the same board, you might just brick it by flashing the wrong bios.
I can't say I have pleasant experience so far. I always only oc memory and keep CPU @ default.
random qcode 62, 8, 0d, 0E happens a lot. cold boot still there, random dram voltage shoot up to 1.8v, CPU temp go negative, and the worst, UEFI locks up when trying to change ram frequency.
and might be worst for me, still testing though.

literally flashes UEFI back ot back like 5+ times multiple times, and those still happens quite often.
i think the worst for me is the UEFI locks up, not sure if it has to do with logitech keyboard (G910) and mouse (G502)
they literally just can happen whenever ...

I have that lockup as well. I also have a logitech keyboard and mouse (G710+ and G502) I can ctrl+alt+del to reboot, but the UEFI in unresponsive. I have not noticed this with 1602 yet, only 1501. However, I have all kinda of boot issues still and any attempt to overclock results my cpu forced to 1550 MHz.