Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me buying my first asus rog laptop

colin_jack
Level 7
Hi all ,
I'm colin from lebanon ,
I want to buy asus rog laptop and i want you to help me to choose which one is the best for me .
First of all i only have 1400$ thats all my budget , so whatever model i want to buy it should be within this range .
What i'm looking for , is a laptop that have at least the following specifications :
Cpu: core i7-6700
Ram: 16gb
Hdd: 1tb
Sdd: 128 gb
VGA: gtx1060 (with g-sync)

So .... i did some search online and i found the following models :
Gl702 and gl502 that matches my search , the things i didn't like about those models :
The outer chassis can get dirty with finger prints , no dvd or bluray drives (this is no problem since i can buy external dvd drive for extra* 30$)
And the orange walking keys on keyboard ,but the big problem i heard about those models is the heat !!! their temperature and fan noise can be problem i also heard that you may get a problem with the screen or keyboard after a while of using so how true are these things ?

I did more search to find a beautiful model called the g752 ,but also have drawback like it's heavy and not so portable and it cost more so it is out of my budget for the same specifications i wanted above .
is it a good idea to buy the gl702/gl502? Or is their any other models i can get with same price that are better in performance and designe ?

So please i need your help for buying my first rog laptop within the budget , and please give every opinion and every advice* about any other model that's better than the models i mentioned .

Kind regards

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Note that if you have narrowed your search down to the GL702/502 that we have a forum section for them. You can see how people feel about their machines and also read stickies if you find them helpful.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?200
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

colin_jack
Level 7
Hi xeromist ,
Yeh i saw the gl series forum , and i saw a lot of people having problems with them , but i also want to see the bright side of this model and i want the people who didn't have a trouble with those models .
As i said before , i would like to hear the people advices about the models that they find them very successful models , so instead of buying a model and regret it , i will take a shortcut and hear what people think about these models and any other models since i still have the choice .
All regards .

xeromist
No problem. Just wanted to let you know in case you missed it.

To be fair, forums aren't a balanced picture of failure rates. Not just ASUS but any brand. When people have problems they come to forums looking for solutions. Happy customers usually don't bother. So some people do have real issues but it's probably not as bad as it looks if you are worried. ASUS doesn't publish RMA/failure rates but given how big the company is the issues reported here represent a pretty small percentage of sales.

That said, always buy from a reputable merchant with a good return policy. There's always a chance of problems with any hardware and it's quickest to deal with the merchant if you can.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

colin_jack
Level 7
Hi again and thanks for the help
xeromist that's true ,
I will take that in consideration .

At the end if anyone have other opinion about those models please tell me about it .

Kind regards

I bought a Asus rog laptop last year, It's the best laptop in my expierence

https://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptop-under-1500-dollars/