cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanxpert unable to see fans if set in bios

Cory29
Level 7
I had no issue the first time loaded ai suit but now I can't see my fans if there on fan splitters

The only different thing I did was I set my fan curves in bios before installing windows

Once i switched everything back to default dc fanxpert was able to see them in windows

then you can go back into bios and reset the fans so there not pinned at 100% at start up

really annoying
5 REPLIES 5

Cory29
Level 7
nvm fanxpert is just doing its own thing every time I restart - forgetting fans and curves

Are your fans connected to a fan controller with a pwm cable?

In the bios make sure the fans are correctly set to DC or PWM.

DC if the fan is powered by the Motherboard
PWM if the fans are powered by a controller.

Calibrate the fans in the BIOS.
If more than one fan is connected to a fan controller they will have to be the same fans otherwise the calibration utility will not work

I moved from 503 and my problems stopped .. I can't seem to find a bios that doesn't have issues

Bill
Level 7
Hello Cory29
Thank you for your inquiry. About this bug, can you help fill out the form in the link below?
I'll pass this to our tech team directly for further investigation and analysis.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/47BECE5C2EAE4CBC86BFBEC0200F41F6Y
Please email the completed form to Bill2_Chang@asus.com
Also, please provide any videos, screenshots and photos available that would show this matter.
Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day

this guy had the same issue same bios

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96269-Issues-with-fans-q-fan-temperatures

I would love to report it as a bug but I jumped to 0046 then 603 and I haven't seen the same problem yet

I do see that fan expert with the expansion card is unable to see pwm fans unless there set to dc mode but that seems to be a known thing based on other froums from a few years ago

___
I have had allot of strange things happen with this board like I had a very stable memory speed xmp/docp - 3200 mhz on the bios of 0046 (checked with a 10 hour burn in)

but after updating to 603 I get instant crashes so I jumped back to 0046 and load the same profile I had before only it too is now instant crashing I also can't change any setting of the cpu from default or it just crashes If I touch the 5 optimize asus in any way it crashes
___

I know this post has nothing to do with fans but I'm finding allot strange things in every setting were if I jump to the next bios then jump back that setting that did work didn't - I can't really write a bug report if what I tested isn't what I can go back too.