cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash during stresstest, won´t POST after even when CMOS battery is removed.

Swegam
Level 7
Hello. This is my first thread here.

I helped my friend build a new gaming rig a couple of weeks ago. During this weekend he tampered with the 5- way optimization settings, trying to get som more mhz. When he started the stresstest the computer crashed and now it won´t start. We tried to reset the bios manually with the jumpers,didn´t work. We removed the battery, didn´t work. I got it to post and were able to access the bios after removing one stick of ram, the SSD and the graphics card. But as soon as I reboot it won´t POST. I do not have any real experiece of overclocking so any advice to get this system running again would be apreciated.

System Specs:

MB: Strix Z270 F
BIOS 906
CPU: I5 7600K
Ram : Corsair ddr 4 3000 2X8
Graphics card Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
3 REPLIES 3

tommiboi
Level 7
Hi, I guess on post you hit the F5 ? Reset to default settings ? If not remove a ram stick again and reboot.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

Hi thanks for showing intrest in helping me.

Yes its one memory kit.

I were able to solve the situation after removing and reinstalling the battery, all the memory and the cpu. I got it to POST and made it to the BIOS.
I reverted to default and the rebooted but then it wouldn´t POST again. Removed and reinstalled all the components again, made it to the BIOS, reset to defgault and this time, upgraded to the latest BIOS. Voilá!

You learn something new every day.