cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG OC Showdown Team Edition 2 runs from September 22nd to November 6th

AkaNe0
Level 10
A second of the ROG OC Showdown - Team Edition will start on September 22nd till November 6th. The ASUS Republic of Gamers team did very well, and with some additional efforts, I believe you can make it to the top 2 teams that will be awarded!

VISIT COMPETITION PAGE

TEAM TABLE (benchmarks / rules / requirements / team scores)

The competition is open to all overclockers, including air / water / extreme cooling. To make it fair, each of the 5 stages, will have it's own limitation. See the table below for more details:

This time a total prize pool of $6,000 USD is up to grab. How to win:
-> Be part of the top 2 overall team
-> Get the best individual score in one of the five stages
-> Be the most valuable player by scoring the most points to your team

One of the most interesting prize, is the upcoming ROG Maximus. See full prizes table.

The scoring will be made automatically by the HWBOT engine, but teams need to be strategic on members that will submit for each of the stage to be among the Top 2 teams winning the big jackpot!

For example, let's take Stage 3 - wPrime 32M.
-> Overclockers from Rookies, Novices, Enthusiasts and Apprentice leagues can submit a score (no limitation in number of participants)
-> No cooling limitation
-> The top 3 best scores of the team will create an average and points for the overall ranking
-> The top 3 scores need to use a different CPU's model (i5 6600K, i7 6700K and i7 7700K for example)

Before getting into the competition, make sure to read the rules and each stage rule.

Good luck to the team, and keep pushing it!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
30 REPLIES 30

jab383
Level 13
Oh, boy. Another contest to get all the rookies and novices hooked.

One question -- your team table says HEDT CPUs are disallowed for the wPrime stage, but the stage page on HWBOT says 2066 and 2011-3 sockets are forbidden. The stage page would appear to allow 2066 sockets and such Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge HEDT processors as 4930K or 3790X. Which is it?

jab383 wrote:
Oh, boy. Another contest to get all the rookies and novices hooked.

One question -- your team table says HEDT CPUs are disallowed for the wPrime stage, but the stage page on HWBOT says 2066 and 2011-3 sockets are forbidden. The stage page would appear to allow 2066 sockets and such Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge HEDT processors as 4930K or 3790X. Which is it?

Seems like some limitations got remove, from one page to the other. The exact limitations is "No HDET / No 2066 and 2011-3 / No Tr4 socket".

I asked for modification on the competition page.

meankeys wrote:
I cant submit my vantage score?

http://hwbot.org/submission/3661060_

I am sure I met all requirements? - Did I miss something

Seems like a good to go submission!

meankeys
Level 13
I cant submit my vantage score?

http://hwbot.org/submission/3661060_

I am sure I met all requirements? - Did I miss something

jab383
Level 13
Thanks, AkaNe.

Meankeys: Did you submit from the contest page? Many times that's necessary rather than have a normal submission linked to the contest. I think the specific ASUS VGA requirement needs to go that route.

I always use contest page first. Then I tried through HWBot.

jab383 wrote:
Thanks, AkaNe.

Meankeys: Did you submit from the contest page? Many times that's necessary rather than have a normal submission linked to the contest. I think the specific ASUS VGA requirement needs to go that route.

meankeys wrote:
I always use contest page first. Then I tried through HWBot.

You can check with the moderator of the competition on the HWBOT discussion. You are following the limitations.. it's weird they don't take the submission.

meankeys
Level 13
I did email Christian ney but have not heard back yet. I will post in the discussion forum .
thank you

meankeys wrote:
I did email Christian ney but have not heard back yet. I will post in the discussion forum .
thank you

Yes, websmile is the main moderator for the competition - he is faster to provide a reply usually.

meankeys
Level 13
They got it sorted out
Thank You