cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking ram to 4200+

Moloch
Level 7
I have been having "some" success getting 4200 stable on my R6A...

I have been using memtest86 to check for stability, and it appears stable with tCCD set to 2 (tertiary timing). The problem with this is when I check with Aida64, my memory read bandwidth is only 88GB/s, when it was up to 105GB/s with 4000 @ 0 tCCD

I am able to post and boot windows with tCCD set to 1 or 0, and Aida64 shows 99 and 110GB/s respectively. Unfortunately, memtest86 will show errors and occasionally lock up.

The errors appear to always be on the same channel/stick of ram. The error address is always between 35xxx and 45xxx (range of 00xxx - 8Axxx?)

I rotated my ram 1 slot over to check if I had a slow/bad stick, and I still see the same address range for the errors, so I assume it is the motherboard channel (channel B?).

I have tried adjusting dozens of settings to get this stable at 4200 with 0-1 tCCD, but I can't get it to run memtest86 test 9 for 20 mins without errors. It never errors on the first pass, always on pass 2-4, and always address range 35xx-45xx

I was not able to get it stable at 4200 with any timings until I turned off BCLK Spread Spectrum, so I'm thinking these errors "might" be related to the BCLK? (mine is at default of 100)

Any suggestions?

Anyone having similar results?
0 REPLIES 0