Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus jokes on customer induced damaged on rma a pity to all that trust them

dragonmasterx
Level 7
well i send laptop for repair due to not start up
they replaced charger and updated bios
7 days after receipt laptop died out again
i had a cid on asus rma status and this is the joke of excuse to drain another 30e from me
Paid OS and BIOS reinstallation. Customer is charged for work only.
Found a problem with KB – will be replaced in warranty.
BIOS was damaged by OS installation
The customer installed non original OS – different from the one installed in the service center last time, furthermore the customer used a version that is not licensed to this particular product.
i expect an official answer of why the heck they think that this is a problem ,are they not linux friendly or other os? to the history of the incident i must add that i installed windows 10 pro x64 .
ASUS IS A JOKE , no more asus for me ,
4 REPLIES 4

dragonmasterx
Level 7
dragonmasterx wrote:
well i send laptop for repair due to not start up
they replaced charger and updated bios
7 days after receipt laptop died out again
i had a cid on asus rma status and this is the joke of excuse to drain another 30e from me
Paid OS and BIOS reinstallation. Customer is charged for work only.
Found a problem with KB – will be replaced in warranty.
BIOS was damaged by OS installation
The customer installed non original OS – different from the one installed in the service center last time, furthermore the customer used a version that is not licensed to this particular product.
i expect an official answer of why the heck they think that this is a problem ,are they not linux friendly or other os? to the history of the incident i must add that i installed windows 10 pro x64 .
ASUS IS A JOKE , no more asus for me ,

paid the amount asked another 15 days and waiting for parts really???? as a member of a pc community they got negative feedback in laptop reccomendations from me with love .... i paid for a working laptop 3 months ago and i gave it to rma 2 times and they try to call out a user mistake....

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im not sure what it is you are seeking here.

Officially they do not support anything other than the OS installed from the factory with its ensuing updates and is customary for all such machines. No manufacturer supports Linux nor warranties its operation expressed or implied simply because its open source software that is manipulated by the end user. Laptops are finicky beasts, don't care who makes them.

I actually fired 3 employees over destruction of property for installing Linux on company issued laptops because they were just non compliant with the use of Microsoft OS or software. Still not sure what they did but they were all partners in crime and they all smoked their issued machines. Linux has its place in some of the server market but IMO has no place in the end user laptops or desktops. Again that's just my perspective after 30+ years in this field, I'm sure others have different takes on it but the bottom line is if you buy anything with an OS already installed on it that is the only thing they will support regardless of the manufacturer and regardless of anyone's opinion.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

,there is no way to provide drivers for windows x64 and x86 and claim upon bios problem customer induced damage, while they also provided the tool for bios update. they updated the bios themselves the first time the laptop got to rma ,so there is really no excuse for damage and as an IT tech i want a real proof of their general reply,which is good for consumers with no knowledge how can a windows x64 pro would make difference in bios installation while windows x64 home would not? . Dissapointed ,a customer that paid more than 5k in laptops from asus and i got this support.

JustinThyme wrote:
Im not sure what it is you are seeking here.

Officially they do not support anything other than the OS installed from the factory with its ensuing updates and is customary for all such machines.

I actually fired 3 employees over destruction of property for installing Linux on company issued laptops because they were just non compliant with the use of Microsoft OS or software. ... . Linux has its place in some of the server market but IMO has no place in the end user laptops or desktops.

Dear JustinThyme!
I do not understand properly , does "smoke" in "they all smoked their issued machines" mean they clearly burn laptops or it is just suggested so because of act of installation? Does things go same for installing linux as second OS on another volume/partition?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards, Lord Obsidian.