Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

sSpec is basically a version number. CPU designs get refined/updated/changed/fixed like any other hardware or firmware or software, the important difference being that it's done by using a new silicon die with a new "version" of the circuit lithography. Sometimes a different sSpec indicates a different version of the "same" processor (even if both have the same part/model number), sometimes because they're "downflashed" and binned from different (higher-model) dies, sometimes because they're made in different fabs with different processes.

CPUID and AIDA64 can read sSpec, so you don't need to remove the CPU to view physical part markings.
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

ROG Enthusiast Array

Im still having cold boots like the bios before that but not always every 4th or 5th booting I get a cold boot exactly like the bios before that....no difference

Gskil Flare X 3200 running at the specs recommended for this rams....

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    Hi Bill!

In the form it asks a couple of things one of those i don't fully understand and hope you would/could explain it so that i can sent in the filled in form toi better serve tech support!

On the form it asks for HDD's .... well.... then board did not have enough sata slots to hook up al my hdd's so do i need to report very disk that is on my system (and external disk aswel) or do/can i just write down my 3 main hdd's ? (for example m2. ssd and the 2 other ssd's) beside's i don't know every hdd brand and model out of the back of my head don't really feel the screw them al out of my system just to fill in a form!

Also you ask about CPU and S-spec, can you maybe tell me what you mean by S-Spec ?

Then there is the Bios Default settings (Y/N) well i'm kinda in the middle most of the bios is at Default only set the timings of ram, do i need to fill everything i have changed when i check te no box ?

Thanks in advance!

Hello jbasemoine
    Have you emailed the form to me?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Im still having cold boots like the bios before that but not always every 4th or 5th booting I get a cold boot exactly like the bios before that....no difference

Gskil Flare X 3200 running at the specs recommended for this rams....

Hello Ocelot
    Can you help us fill out the form that I mentioned earlier?
    It would help us a lot for our team for further analysis, thank you

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Lets all save Bill some time running through the standard tech garbage that assumes we are all about of 80+ year olds that bought our computers at Best Buy and are pressing the reset button instead of power. :P We will all gladly accept a full refund and apology from Asus once our boards are returned to Asus for selling consumers the Asus Crosshair VI Hero, which was not actually good enough to be shoved out for retail consumption.
    Syaoran

Hello all
    To anyone who's experiencing this issue, can you tell me what else happened when the cold boot issue occurred. (EX: a Q-code appeared or any LED lit up) Also, please try out one of the solutions: disable "turn on fast startup"
    Please go to Windows control panel>hardware and sound>Power options>System settings> under "shutdown settings"
    From there, you can disable "turn on fast startup" to avoid cold boot issue
    Thank you

ROG Enthusiast Array Crayraven PC Specs
    Crayraven PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 8350@4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)CMX8GX3M2A1600C9
    Graphics Card #1MSI Radeon 280x 3GB Twin Frozr
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorSamsung Syncmaster 2243
    Storage #1Corsair Force GT 120gb
    Storage #2OCZ Agility 3 60gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110
    CaseCarbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyAntec Earthwatts 750w
    Keyboard Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G430
    OS Windows 8.1
    Network RouterAsus RT-N56U

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@ASUS View Post
    Hello all
    To anyone who's experiencing this issue, can you tell me what else happened when the cold boot issue occurred. (EX: a Q-code appeared or any LED lit up) Also, please try out one of the solutions: disable "turn on fast startup"
    Please go to Windows control panel>hardware and sound>Power options>System settings> under "shutdown settings"
    From there, you can disable "turn on fast startup" to avoid cold boot issue
    Thank you
    Fast boot is already disabled for me.

I get Q-Code 55. It takes multiple soft rests (or completely shutting my pc off) to get it to post. I've ran memtest for hours and there are no errors. My machine always works fine. I am however running 64gb of ram.

I have 4x CMD64GX4M4A2400C14

Running them at 2100mhz I get no errors, it always boots fine. If I run it at 2400mhz then i get random cold boot q-code 55 errors. Funny thing is I get less q-code 55 errors when I OC the memory slightly to 2666mhz. I've tried pretty much all recommendations...increasing the mem voltage slightly etc. Nothing seems to work. Each bios revision I hope the problem will go away, but it never does.

ROG Enthusiast Array Sigtran PC Specs
    Sigtran PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700 @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX1080 OC
    Monitor24" Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #23TB HDD 7200rpm
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCoolerMaster 690
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Mouse Logitech M705
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540
    OS Win10 X64 Home
    Accessory #1 Logitech C930e webcam

Cold boot problem due to memory exist and it is on AMD (with some new AGESA) and ASUS BIOS update to solve it.

For me, if I run on memory default 3200MHz, with main timings specified manually as 14-14-14-34 (according to memory spec) and all subtimings on auto, cold boot never happen. But if I push to 3333MHz or 3466MHz (later with slight voltage increase) and optimize subtimings (while remaining a full system stability, verified by hours of running Prime95 and some other memory testing tools), I often get a cold-boot issue.

So, for now, I stay with 3200. Obviously, CH6, memory and CPU are capable even for stable 3466MHz with right memory, but cold boot issue in BIOS exist and it is on AMD and ASUS to solve it in some of next releases... I guess some patience is needed for fix... Until then, my advise is to run as you have to avoid cold boot issue.
    Last edited by Sigtran; 10-21-2017 at 07:05 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Sigtran View Post
    Cold boot problem due to memory exist and it is on AMD (with some new AGESA) and ASUS BIOS update to solve it.

For me, if I run on memory default 3200MHz, with main timings specified manually as 14-14-14-34 (according to memory spec) and all subtimings on auto, cold boot never happen. But if I push to 3333MHz or 3466MHz (later with slight voltage increase) and optimize subtimings (while remaining a full system stability, verified by hours of running Prime95 and some other memory testing tools), I often get a cold-boot issue.

So, for now, I stay with 3200. Obviously, CH6, memory and CPU are capable even for stable 3466MHz with right memory, but cold boot issue in BIOS exist and it is on AMD and ASUS to solve it in some of next releases... I guess some patience is needed for fix... Until then, my advise is to run as you have to avoid cold boot issue.
    What makes you think that the cold boot issues is related to the AGESA code then? It's the motherboard, plain and simple! The cold boot issue happens during POST.
    Syaoran

ROG Enthusiast Array Sigtran PC Specs
    Sigtran PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700 @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX1080 OC
    Monitor24" Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #23TB HDD 7200rpm
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCoolerMaster 690
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Mouse Logitech M705
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540
    OS Win10 X64 Home
    Accessory #1 Logitech C930e webcam

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    What makes you think that the cold boot issues is related to the AGESA code then? It's the motherboard, plain and simple! The cold boot issue happens during POST.
    I don't think it is a motherboard hardware issue, but it is a software - a BIOS issue.

BIOS is responsible for POST and AGESA is a part of a BIOS provided by AMD. Since, as I know, cold-boot issues are not exclusive to Asus and CH6, but also others (Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, ... ) are affected as well, it makes me think the root cause of the cold-boot issue is in AGESA.

IMO, way that AGESA is initializing memory with its sub-timings is probably still not written "bulletproof" due to immaturity of the platform and huge diversity of the memory modules on the market. Except on default 2133MHz, where timings are JEDEC standardized and relaxed and all DDR4 should work without problem, going anything higher can still be problematic with Ryzen and current AGESA, depending on memory modules used - some could have trouble already on 2400, some will work ok without cold-boot issue on 3200MHz and experiance it on 3333 or 3466MHz.
    Last edited by Sigtran; 10-21-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast