cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead TUF Sabertooth X99, Horrible RMA experience so far

xkm121
Level 7
Long story short my Sabertooth X99 has been working OK until a month ago. It decided to crash all of a sudden. And right after that the system would stuck in boot looping infinitely. Sometimes if the board is happy it will let me get back into Windows.

I thought it was the PSU. So I get a new 1500watt Seasonic. Nope, still same symptom of boot looping. Tried breadboarding it using different configuration of RAM. Clear CMOS, MemOK and everything. Still no go. So I sent the board to ASUS for RMA. This is where the fun begin.

USPS showed the board was already delivered. However it took ASUS 2 days to reflect that on the RMA page. OK, kinda slow I guess. Then when I inquire about estimation of repair completion. I was told it will be done when it is done. Asked every day for about a week and yeah, it still shows "parts shortage" with no estimates on any possible completion date.

The TUF X99 is for my main workstation. I cannot afford too long of a down time. So I asked the RMA agent would it be possible they can ship me a replacement board now they are in possesion of my defective board. I don't want to wait for god knows how long until they get the parts they need for repair. Besides, I have read a lot of horror stories regarding ASUS shipping back defective replacements to consumers, which would took multiple RMA attempts until the consumer get a functional board. I was told no. So I just have to wait, maybe a week maybe a month until ASUS suddenly want to work on this? On top of all that they would not update on what caused the failure of the board. I NEED to know that because my CPU warranty is about to go out. I NEED to know whether the CPU may have been killed by the board. Again no response.

This probably seems a lot of angry rant. As a customer who paid for a 5 yrs warranty motherboard, such RMA experience is terrible. And I am not just ranting on the forum or leaving a bad review on e-tailer sites. The entire situation will be escalated to Better Business Bureau if it is not resolved. All that I am asking is freaking working replacement motherboard.
5 REPLIES 5

Bahz
Level 12
Hi there,

Please provide me with the following details and I will follow on this case for you.

Product S/N:
RMA#:
Case ID#:

Thanks.

xkm121
Level 7
Bahz promised in PM someone from ASUS will contact me. It has been 3 days excluding the weekend and yet I have received no communication. RMA site still shows "material in shortage." When I try to get updates from ASUS online chatting I got the typical "We don't know when it will be done and how it will be repaired"

So basically radio silence ever since ASUS got the board in its service center. Factoring in the amount of time I was trying to diagnosis with your online agents before sending in the MoBo, I am now about 1 month without a working motherboard. And this seems to be dragging on even longer.

I am seriously disappointed in your customer service ASUS. I will be filing a complaint with BBB today.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
xkm121 wrote:
Bahz promised in PM someone from ASUS will contact me. It has been 3 days excluding the weekend and yet I have received no communication. RMA site still shows "material in shortage." When I try to get updates from ASUS online chatting I got the typical "We don't know when it will be done and how it will be repaired"

So basically radio silence ever since ASUS got the board in its service center. Factoring in the amount of time I was trying to diagnosis with your online agents before sending in the MoBo, I am now about 1 month without a working motherboard. And this seems to be dragging on even longer.

I am seriously disappointed in your customer service ASUS. I will be filing a complaint with BBB today.

We have passed your case to local service team. Sorry for the inconvenience.

xkm121
Level 7
Got my replacement motherboard today. Plug in everything. And nope, still same problem.

On top of that I cannot seems to be able to use BIOS flashback utility. So I am sitting here wondering whether my 6950X was killed by the original Sabertooth X99, or the replacement board simply wont work.

xkm121
Level 7
I don't know the likelihood of ASUS covering me for the killed 6950X, but here is my proof of I owned the CPU. Intel would not cover a used 2nd hand CPU. Now the ball is in ASUS's court.

On the diagnostic page it did say error code 00. I can take a picture of it and upload it over here. *
My Realbench Leaderboard.*

https://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=20359**