cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some issues with my new specs / preformance issues.

InStY
Level 7
Just got done installing windows 10 and the drivers for Zenith Extreme x399 and stuff.
Downloaded the drivers and some of the utilitys from the memory stick and then downloaded the newest drivers updates from the asus webside.

Started csgo and noticed that it use way too much time to open and everything lagged when i entered a game.
When i opened Chrome or some other program when im in a chat group on discord it started to lagg.

Im not good at computers and lack experiance but i dont think that there should be much lagg with a 16core cpu when opening up programs.
It might be something with the ram im using. (Dont know how to check)
Opened speccy and noticed that i have around 50-70 degree celsius on the cpu when i have a water cooling system (depends if i launce a game) and that the ram was 16gb double-channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (Somethings not right with the ram i think Help? ).
At the bios the cpu jumps from 3.7 to 4.1GHz when it says base clock is 3.5GHz. Is that normal?
And is it normal that the temp is around 50-70 or did i fail at the water system?

Than again. Im a noob at computers. 😛
First time using windows 10 and dont know if its that or something else that is lagging up the system.

Going to reinstall everything again after i post this just to see if it fixes it.
Would be nice if you guys could answer me what could lagg the system or if some of the components dosnt work well together.

My specs:
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
Asus Rog Zenith Extreme X399
EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X
Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3000MHz (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15)
HyperX 240gb SSD (OS)
Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD (Games)
2 REPLIES 2

Ljugtomten
Level 9
I suspect you have HPET active, from installing the version of AI Suite from the webpage and this is causing the stuttering/lag.

to fix it:

Open CMD as an administrator

run:
bcdedit /enum

if you see 'useplatformclock' set to true then run thats your problem

I ran:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

reboot computer.

Temperature seems normal, depends on UEFI version you are on.
Ryzen processors have an offset where you need to subtract 27 degrees celcius to get the true value or you could look at what reading you get in Ryzen Master (software from AMD where you can also switch betwwen creator mode and gaming mode for legacy games)

Ljugtomten wrote:
I suspect you have HPET active, from installing the version of AI Suite from the webpage and this is causing the stuttering/lag.

to fix it:

Open CMD as an administrator

run:
bcdedit /enum

if you see 'useplatformclock' set to true then run thats your problem

I ran:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

reboot computer.

Temperature seems normal, depends on UEFI version you are on.
Ryzen processors have an offset where you need to subtract 27 degrees celcius to get the true value or you could look at what reading you get in Ryzen Master (software from AMD where you can also switch betwwen creator mode and gaming mode for legacy games)

Can confirm this is the issue.
Reinstalled windows without adding ai suite and all my problems including slow disk went away.