cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen AM4 B350 Bios feature request - DRAM Boot Voltage

bmac1191
Level 7
Is there anyway we can get a DRAM Boot Voltage setting for these boards? I'm using the Prime B350M-A matx board. It seems on some boards it is required to get the most out of your ram. My system cannot boot past around 1.475v-1.5v, but if I drop voltage a bunch, it boots but I get errors in stability tests. The ram is b-die and watercooled so it should have no issue booting well past 1.5v. Others users that have this setting on different boards confirm the issue.
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
The PRIME B350M-A/CSM uATX motherboard? ASUS specs for that mobo advertise "DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133".

People on other forums say DRAM voltage can't be changed on ASUS PRIME mobos, these settings are only available on higher-end mobos like ROG/STRIX X370?

I wouldn't recommend exceeding ~1.35V, maybe (reluctantly) ~1.4V with high density DDR4 anyhow, even watercooled.

But exactly which ASUS motherboard?
And BIOS version?
And memory brand/model/part?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

bmac1191
Level 7
Yes the Prime B350M-A/CSM. It has dram voltage. I am running it now at 3333 14-13-13 with ~ 1.4v on latest 0902. Ram is gskill 3600 cl15 kit, F4-3600C15D-16GTZ.

Korth
Level 14
Your Ryzen CPU natively supports JEDEC DDR4-2666.

DDR4-3333-14-13-13 at 1.4V is very good (and surprising on that non-ROG mobo).

I doubt you could ever get full G.Skill-rated DDR4-3600-15-15-15 performance, even with just two 8GB sticks, even with its 1.2V base.

Watercooled ... so you replaced the G.Skill heatspreaders with EK Monarchs or something?

I don't understand what feature you're requesting in this thread, lol. You can already adjust DRAM voltage? You've already exceeded maximum ASUS-rated performance threshold? You're asking ASUS to increase motherboard DRAM performance because your particular DRAM can support faster performance? On a PRIME mobo, not a ROG/EXTREME mobo?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

bmac1191
Level 7
Some motherboards have two options for dram voltage.. dram voltage and dram boot voltage. This is why. I guess before post, training, too much voltage can be a bad thing and you cannot post at all.

For instance, my ram may not post over ~1.45v. Same settings but lower voltage of ~1.4v it will post, but it is not stable in windows. I've come to this conclusion by trial and error. Adding more voltage decreases errors during testing, but then at a certain point it fails to post. That doesn't make sense. And like I said, others that have this option have confirmed the issue.

1.5v isn't a lot for b-die. For the daily user at 3000 it is, but people have pushed WAY more voltage through b-die and on air cooling. Even the newer 4000+ sets have a factory voltage of 1.45v. Yeah they have ek monarchs on them. Not very functional. I had the parts left over from a hardline x99 build so I figured why not. VRM is also watercooled on my board.