cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC starts for 1 second then shuts down

XrayHunter7
Level 7
Hi, I built my PC. It starts for 1 second then shuts down. I try every possible combination. Like another PSU, disconnect everything, one RAM stick, no RAM stick etc.... Everything is working without CPU. I put CPU in to motherboard and nothing works. I have connected 8pin + 24pin to mb. I also try connecting 8pin + 4pin +24pin to mb. So I was like OK, This will be bad CPU. Everything runs great without CPU. So I bought new CPU and its same. What can be wrong ? Motherboard show code 00 for that one second.
PC:
Intel Core i7-7820X
ASUS ROG POSEIDON GeForce GTX 1080Ti Platinum edition OC 11GB
SSD disk Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
SSD disk Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate
Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3466MHz CL16 Vengeance RGB Series
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2
ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING
EKWB Cooling system
15 REPLIES 15

xarot
Level 11
I had that problem on that MB, got a new one from RMA. Although my board did it even without the CPU. Try flashing newest UEFI through the EZ Flashback port on the back. Try some of the things suggested here, like removing CMOS battery and unplugging all power cables.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95059-Asus-X299-USB-Flashback-file-name
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling

xarot wrote:
I had that problem on that MB, got a new one from RMA. Although my board did it even without the CPU. Try flashing newest UEFI through the EZ Flashback port on the back. Try some of the things suggested here, like removing CMOS battery and unplugging all power cables.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95059-Asus-X299-USB-Flashback-file-name

I flashed MB with latest BIOS. If the filename is X299SE.CAP . It didnt work 😞

Chino
Level 15
Put your motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Use the bare minimum and see if the problem persists.

Chino wrote:
Put your motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Use the bare minimum and see if the problem persists.

Nothing 😞 I think this will be broken MB.

Chino wrote:

Is necessary to connect something to CPU FAN ? Maybe it shuts down becasue of no CPU FAN.

XrayHunter7 wrote:
Is necessary to connect something to CPU FAN ? Maybe it shuts down becasue of no CPU FAN.

For testing purposes, populate the CPU_FAN header please.

Do any of the QLEDs remain lit?

Chino wrote:
For testing purposes, populate the CPU_FAN header please.

Do any of the QLEDs remain lit?

I connect Intel box cooler to CPU_FAN, nothing. No. I can see only 00 code.

Nixon2992
Level 7
You have CPU_LED or POST CODE 00?

nixon2992 wrote:
you have cpu_led or post code 00?

post code 00