cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VM Wifi does not stay connected since Creators Update

azwxguy
Level 7
When booting the machine to the Win10 login screen, my wifi briefly connects and then disconnects. I can continue to log in and then have to select my wifi router again to connect. The checkmark for "Connect Automatically" is checked BTW. Or I can cycle the airplane mode off and on (FN+F2) from the login screen and it connects and stays connected. I have installed the ASUS update from the LAN_Realtek_Win10_64_VER1037232015 folder. This is just since installing the Creators Update. Anyone else notice this?
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96
3 REPLIES 3

azwxguy
Level 7
Hmm, lots of views but no comiserators. Well, let me update then. I tried several things attempting to narrow down where the problem was. Whatever I tried would work for 3-4 days and then the problem would return. And I think I tried just about everything available in Windows 10 Home. The Pro version might have more to fiddle with. Last resort was the master reset available in Windows Settings>Network & Internet>Status and Network Reset at the bottom of the list. It says that it removes and replaces all the various comm bits involved and requires you at the end to log back in to your wifi router. Six days now with no problem. If that changes, I'll be working on it again.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

Uninstall you driver and software for WiFI reboot and reinstall driver from Asus Support or your eSupport folder.
What has happen is Windows installed it own native driver for your Wi Fi, and your notebooks doesn't like that one.
Check your other hardware drivers update them from either your eSupport folder of Asus Support. then block Windows Update from updating drivers.

You can also use show/hide tool from Microsoft to hide particular updates and prevent them from running and installing
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
The LAN Realtek is not the wireless.*
I’m pretty certain that machine is running the intel AC 8260 or 7260. Both use the same drivers. What’s on the ASUS website is old and outdated. For outsourced hardware it’s best to get it from the vendor*

Intel download
**https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26924/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-...

Open control panel, locate the WiFi adapter. Right click and uninstall
Install the pro set package I linked above, download it before you start this.
When install is finished reboot.
Go back into device manager and make sure the driver version is the correct one.**

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein