Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starnge Problem with My New Build

farzad_a
Level 7
hi to all
i recently build new pc based on X399 ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

but i have very strange problem with that
after build my pc when i turn on my PC and going to Bios Setup i config some settings like DRAM Setting,Boot Sequences,etc...
after saving my setting and exit from bios it must restart but nothing happens just screen going black and pc stuck Power button dont work Reset Button work but like nothig when i press reset button in Live Dash LCD on mobo Showed CPU and Some Moving Dots and stuck o initial ROM or Detecting Memory and nothing else
rgb lights on both vga and mobo on ram rgb on but nothing until i push turn off from PSU so after 10-15 Minutes when i turned on PSU and Power on Computer( and remind that if i turned on pc less than this time pc dont power on) its strangley detect hdd and now boot complete and windows installation procedure started after than windows need to reset pc like bios exit this time pc stuck on restart and nothing happen so i do above action and so on...

i finally install windows on pc all things ok i install all needed driver their install without any problem
even i can run bnechmark tools on this PC like CINEBENCH,3DMARK,PCMARK,etc,...
CPU Temperature is Normal everything ok but when i try Restart,Sleep,Shut down from Windows problem encountered i am so dissapointed
whats wrong i do every thing Updating My BIOS to Last official version 0503
clear cmos,removing components one by one but problem exist

i Add My PC SPEC down here:

CPU : AMD THREADRIPPER 1950x
MB: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME WIth BIOS 0503
RAM: 2* (2*8) GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (32 GB Total)
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVME M.2 512 GB
VGA: ASUS POSEIDON Platinum 1080TI 11 GB
PSU: CORSAIR HX1000i
HDD: Westen Digital 4 GB Black

Plase Help Me to solve this problem i am really disappointing and sad this build is so expensive

B.R
5 REPLIES 5

Saturn7
Level 7
1. Upgrade your BIOS to 603

2. Reset your BIOS by pressing the button on the back plane.

3. Do not overclock yet. Leave CPU and RAM at stock speeds. (If the system still displays erratic behaviour re seat you're ram modules. )

4. If you installed ASUS AI you will have to reinstall windows in my opinion. ASUS AI enables HPET in windows which absolutely kill performance. I am aware that HPET can be disabled, but on my system when I did that every app I ran crashed randomly and the system became very unstable. I'm guessing there where still some services that needed it. For me it was easier to do a fresh reinstall.

5. Once you're OS and drivers are installed you can start overclocking.

6. For overclocking your ram to 3200 mhz i find these settings stable. DRAM voltage to 1.35 and CPUSOC to 1.25 - Leave CPU voltage on auto.

Saturn7 wrote:
1. Upgrade your BIOS to 603

2. Reset your BIOS by pressing the button on the back plane.

3. Do not overclock yet. Leave CPU and RAM at stock speeds. (If the system still displays erratic behaviour re seat you're ram modules. )

4. If you installed ASUS AI you will have to reinstall windows in my opinion. ASUS AI enables HPET in windows which absolutely kill performance. I am aware that HPET can be disabled, but on my system when I did that every app I ran crashed randomly and the system became very unstable. I'm guessing there where still some services that needed it. For me it was easier to do a fresh reinstall.

5. Once you're OS and drivers are installed you can start overclocking.

6. For overclocking your ram to 3200 mhz i find these settings stable. DRAM voltage to 1.35 and CPUSOC to 1.25 - Leave CPU voltage on auto.

hi thanks for tips
i upgrade my bios to 603 now system dont carsh on bios exit but problem still exist on Windows 😞
and i dont want/need to overclock my system i work with stock setting only thing i do is enabling D.O.C.P like Intel XMP to use last ram clock speed

To use DOCP settings you will have to adjust the voltages as stated.
DOCP is overclocking your ram by default.

your ram isn't stable in 603 with docp settings *I have the same sticks

I had it stable with 0046 found here but after updating to 603 the settings I had didn't work

*its a voltage issue docp settings will boot but after a while you will notice black screens or blue screens
*uping the voltage from 1.35 to 1.36 created a stable 3200 in 0046 (after updating to 603 I can't get it back :confused:)
I have tried up to 1.38 in 603 with no luck, I really don't much about overclocking beyond speed an voltage so im pretty sure there is a simple setting to change that I haven't figured out on my own

all of things about this board are driving me nuts ... like for the cpu I had 3.9 very stable for 3 days but I couldn't get the memory docp to work so I start to play with other bios versions trying to get the memory to work .. but now I cant even get a 3.7 oc on the cpu to be stable -- the computer always boots but in windows I get to the log in screen and everything craps out

i change my RAM Module to New One GSkill Ripjaws 4 | 4*4 GB with Part no. F4-2666C15Q-16GRR
even with this ram who exist on QVL Document of this mobo status dont change and same problem exist

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(