cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T303UA + ROG XG Station 2

twinniss
Level 7
Hello all \o/

A summary: Will the T303UA get a bios update to be able to get PCIe 3.0 x4 speeds?

I have a T303UA + ROG XG Station 2 (Since seeing it like 2 years ago, was a dream to have this). While I was looking at the state of eGPU setups, I came across information about reduced speeds. Uh oh, so went ahead and set everything up and ran CUDA-Z

As expected, needed to address XG Station TI-83 board. CUDA-Z shows Host -> Device running Host -> device running at ~1000 MB/s. No problem ASUS already has a patch available and theres a bunch of links pointing at it. Went ahead and updated it and restart the tablet.

Ran CUDA-Z again. This time Host -> device shows up as ~1500 MB/s. \o/ an improvement! But wait shouldn't I be getting ~2000 MB/s?

Well apparently there a thing with U-series 6th generation CPUs. I come across this thread https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/skykaby-lake-u-cpu-opi-gt2-half-bandwidth-issue/ (sorry for external URL)

Okay, maybe Asus has something for me, go to the support page for the T303UA and updated firmware/drivers. Reboot, still getting ~1500 MB/s. Hmmm, well this is basically consistent with PCIe 3.0 x2 speeds. So it would seem like there needs to be a bios update to or be able to increase that to PCIe x4 speeds.

For reference: Using a GTX 960 + external monitor. No other peripherals connected

Thanks for your time \o/
1 REPLY 1

twinniss
Level 7
Eh, well it was a long shot getting support for this after the current models removed tb3, 