cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS VG248QE white horizontal lines please help me out

PanterAftw
Level 7
It's been 2 months and white horizontal lines appeared on top of my screen i did not have this issue before. It appeared yesterday. And when i plug my HDMI cable those white lines become black but still visible. I use 144hz on Dual Link DVI cable.
Site did not let me upload so here is a picture;(might see bad pixels cuz of bad telephone camera it's actually more visible when you come to my house and look at it)
7 REPLIES 7

leekimah
Level 7
Hmmmm. Seems like a panel issue. Have you tied massaging it gently using a fiber cloth?

leekimah wrote:
Hmmmm. Seems like a panel issue. Have you tied massaging it gently using a fiber cloth?

No i never tried wiping with fiber cloth but after i saw these lines i asked my mom if she wiped the screen and she said yes there was too many dust and she dried it with normal cloth. I saw some scratches near asus logo too. But when screen is closed i don't see any white lines. She might have damaged the display inside by just wiping it ?

No PanterAftw, your mom didn't damage it by wiping the screen. What he was saying is take a soft fiber cloth and basically press very gently against your monitor's screen and see if that might help. Sometimes it can as it might help realign the panel or such. Do not use lots of pressure just press against the screen until you see a bit of a flare up of colour or light in the spot. It won't take much pressure. Basically like was said softly massage the screen with the cloth along where the line shows.

If that doesn't help then you should probably contact ASUS about it. Best of luck.

InternetOwl wrote:
No PanterAftw, your mom didn't damage it by wiping the screen. What he was saying is take a soft fiber cloth and basically press very gently against your monitor's screen and see if that might help. Sometimes it can as it might help realign the panel or such. Do not use lots of pressure just press against the screen until you see a bit of a flare up of colour or light in the spot. It won't take much pressure. Basically like was said softly massage the screen with the cloth along where the line shows.

If that doesn't help then you should probably contact ASUS about it. Best of luck.

Ok boss got it thanks.

So I tried massaging the screen with fiber cloth but still no luck 😞 any other ideas?

Bill
Level 7
Hello PanterAftw
Is the line visible on any settings?
If yes, I would suggest to RMA it. Our engineers will sort this out for you
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello PanterAftw
Is the line visible on any settings?
If yes, I would suggest to RMA it. Our engineers will sort this out for you
Thank you

Yes i even resetted it from monitor settings. I can see the line every time and it lines turn to black when i select 60hz. I think i'll just send it.