cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should G752VT Notebook BIOS update to 303? (because of problem)

Fataleyez
Level 7
Hi I have a problem with my G752VT with the battery that plugged in charging but not charging, My Notebook just only charge to 15%, but when i unplugged and plugged back in the charger it just charge 1 % to 16% and then I unplugged and plugged in again till it charge to 56% and then its much more harder to increase. When i monitored with batterymon the charge rate is 0, just 3-5 second and didnt charge again, I already test uninstall the ACPI on device manager and it didnt work for me. If it didnt solve the battery problem then its okay anyway, i want to update my G752VT BIOS to the latest version.
So is it worth it updating the BIOS on G752VT?, my BIOS version is 214, should i update to 216 first then to 303?, and should i flash with Winflash or from the system BIOS?

Arigatou Gozaimasu:cool:
Thank you for reading:cool:
21 REPLIES 21

Clintlgm
Level 14
You should just go to 303 no need to install the earlier releases.
If your not positive about power continuing I would not mess with the BIOS a power loss during update of BIOS would brick your notebook
update the BIOS from with in the BIOS EZ Flash. Be sure to use a clean FAT formatted USB and unzip the BIOS file direct to this USB Thumb drive. DO NOT unzip it somewhere else and then copy or paste it to the USB Thumb Drive Unzip direct to the root of the USB Thumb Drive. that will give you the best chance for successful BIOS update.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for your reply i will update my BIOS, also can you fix my battery problem, and IF my battery was 100% should i not unplugged the charger while using for gaming and other things thanks!!! 😉

No you should not unplug your AC Adapter ever except to move the notebook from one place to the other. The CPU and GPU need power from AC as well from battery. If you unplug both will throttle due to lack of energy. These desktop replacement Gaming notebooks are not intended to work like a tablet or lightweight business notebook. You could use on battery only for simple things that don't use CPU or GPU intensely. Doing email, Facebook stuff like that.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Do you need to force it to update, or is ASUS Updater offering it to you?

If you have a problem and it's critical, then force the update.

The G750 series is not a laptop. It is a desktop replacement. You should always be plugged in during gaming.

Thanks for the battery tips, My G752VT Asus gaming center is always set to extreme, when i set it to standart and restart my notebook, it will not stay to standart, should i stay on extreme?

You should only use extreme setting when your gaming or using some other software that requires extreme cpu and gpu setting.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Ok i will be on extreme mode, If i Fresh Start (reset without bloatware) on ASUS G752VT Notebook, Will it wipe my ASUS installation format (with bloatware, like when i normal format it has ASUS bloatware installed, but Fresh Start does not have bloatware installed.

Yes if you select don't save your files.
if you just want to get rid of bloatware just uninstall it shouldn't take more that a few minutes.
If you do a clean install be sure to save a copy of your eSupport folder all your drivers and software are there in that folder. Some of it can not be downloaded in the future so insure you back that up and keep it safe. You might find what you thought to be bloat ware was a program that you need.

You'll have to search up threads on the use of Asus game play or what ever the name of that program is for the setting that are causing your to default to Extreme settings. You just need to change a setting.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

If you have a ASUS ROG would you update your BIOS if there is a new version?