Level 7
Hey guys,

I am running the following build

Zenith Extreme Bios 0503
ThreadRipper 1950x
Asus 1080 ti Poseidon
Coursair Dominator 64gig 3000mhz - About to swap for Trident Z RGB
Windows 10 pro + AI Suit

The computer POSTS but after around a half hour the board starts to display Code: 30 Check CPU

I don't notice any performance issues but that doesn't mean something isn't happening. Does anybody have any recommendations for what to look for or what I can try to fix this?
6 REPLIES 6

JHR1979
Level 7
You might want to reset bios settings to default first, then, if problem remains, update to 0603 bios. Also update the oled thing to latest firmware, download links are in the sticky thread.

I also see this Code: 30 Check CPU but I think only after the PC wakes up from sleep. I wonder what this is.

Raja
Level 13
Code 30 is displayed if the system resumed from sleep. It's normal.

I updated to 0603 and it fixed my issue. Thanks for the support.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

I confirm: the code appears when the system is resumed from Sleep.

When I reboot, I get the normal screen.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

It's definitely not "normal" : when a user sees a status message like "Code 30 Check CPU" on their OLED screen of their motherboard then they will assume that something is seriously wrong and start panicking and thinking the worst. (is my CPU improperly seated in the CPU socket ??? Did I damage my CPU ??? ...)

If there's really nothing wrong then don't show a scary status code like that and let it revert back to normal operations (like showing CPU temperature, ...), that's how it should be done properly.

BIOS 1003 also has this bug. Please fix this.