cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1501 - Can not use cpu boost

MeQira
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I've installed bios version of 1501 but cpu doesn't work more than 3.6 ghz. I've tried boost- auto, on and off am i missing something or there is an issue about it? And here is another question; I'm playing prepar3d v4 and i really need use cpu 4ghz+ What is safe voltages of cpu and core and is there way to get lower temperature with disable 4 cores? Can i get 4.3ghz like that?
2 REPLIES 2

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
MeQira wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've installed bios version of 1501 but cpu doesn't work more than 3.6 ghz. I've tried boost- auto, on and off am i missing something or there is an issue about it? And here is another question; I'm playing prepar3d v4 and i really need use cpu 4ghz+ What is safe voltages of cpu and core and is there way to get lower temperature with disable 4 cores? Can i get 4.3ghz like that?

4ghz is the max you will be able to get without crazy voltages. You'll need phase change or LN2 to achieve 4.3GHz.

The best thing to do would be to go and read a few overclocking guides.
Feel free to correct me, but I think 1.35v is a max for everyday OC and aircooling, while 1.45v is an absolute maximum with strong liquid cooling.

andyliu
Level 9
MeQira wrote:
Hello everyone,

you can refer to the answer from this thread and it should be more clear how it works
https://community.amd.com/thread/216272