cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH6 Hero VI Qcode 54

d4rkdpg64
Level 7
I need your help, I recently purchased the ek-fg 120 expansion pack and installed expanded my a240g loop. Since then I get Qcode 54 on my Asus ROG Crosshair VI motherboard. No video just that qcode. Once I installed it I did a leak test, all was fine, no leaks everything perfect. But computer wont post just that Qcode.

1700x
CH6 Hero VI
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX RAM
GTX 1080ti
Ax860

Ive tried everything I can think of, reseat cpu, change ram slots, clear cmos etc.

Is my motherboard dead?

Please help.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

alonor
Level 7
this error occurs almost always when the computer is turned on, when the computer does not turn on, usually shows 54, 55post code

How can I solve It?

I don't think it's cold boot bug I get q code 54 and no video signal. Seems dead

See attatched image, also not under the Q-CODE 54 there is a red cpu led lit.

andyliu
Level 9
so it was working fine till you redo the watercooling?
maybe try loose cpu block a bit
have you tried 1 stick @ a time? and maybe try to reflash bios with usb flash back, see if it helps?

andyliu wrote:
so it was working fine till you redo the watercooling?
maybe try loose cpu block a bit
have you tried 1 stick @ a time? and maybe try to reflash bios with usb flash back, see if it helps?

Yes, everything was working fine with A240g and since I expanded to 120mm expansion kit I have this, I tried bios flash back, also removing the rubber gasket on backplate (putting electrical tape between mobo and gasket) (which EK said thats causing the issue - I opened a ticket with them earlier) still the same issue, Q code 54 no video on screen power is on, fans spinning.

I will RMA the mobo, dont know what else to try.

d4rkdpg64 wrote:
Yes, everything was working fine with A240g and since I expanded to 120mm expansion kit I have this, I tried bios flash back, also removing the rubber gasket on backplate (putting electrical tape between mobo and gasket) (which EK said thats causing the issue - I opened a ticket with them earlier) still the same issue, Q code 54 no video on screen power is on, fans spinning.

I will RMA the mobo, dont know what else to try.

well, if you have spare/old graphic card, I would have tried to use the spare graphic card.
Since it's the only variable that was introduced after it was already working properly.

andyliu wrote:
well, if you have spare/old graphic card, I would have tried to use the spare graphic card.
Since it's the only variable that was introduced after it was already working properly.

Then only thing that was introduced was the 120mm radiator and fan. The cpu amd gpu and 240mm rad plus pump/res were already present and working.

d4rkdpg64 wrote:
Then only thing that was introduced was the 120mm radiator and fan. The cpu amd gpu and 240mm rad plus pump/res were already present and working.

oh i i mistaken it with the kit that only have cpu block ;p, have you tried to remove everything with just the essential install?
like just CPU/GPU/memory(just remove everything, including keyboard mouse, harddrive, usb) it does sounds weird to get qcode 54 out of no where 😞
maybe also leave the case back panel off as well
I think I had something shorting for me once. I kinda just squeeze all the wire in and didn't think it would be an issue for me.
Once I redid all my cable, dont have issue anymore.

And not sure if it will help, try unplug the psu but leave the switch on. Press the start button for like 10 sec.
I think It helps to reset sensor chip by draining any charge left on mobo, may or may not help the issue.
I suggest this because I was going thru some q-code hell 06 0E 8, 0d just keep showing up endlessly.
spent whole day trying to troubleshoot it (all those reseat cpu, gpu, ram, cmos, reflash bios, etc ...)
nothing help, so I decided just f* it, shut off with psu off, went to sleep.
woke up the other day, everything became normal. That's before I saw ppl discuss about how to reset sensor chip.
It looks like both has similar result, so maybe give that a try.

lastly, have you tried different version of BIOS? might not be a bad idea to try different version.