cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius II buttons don't work {Resolved]

C5F-Z
Level 7
Hey!
i just got my Gladius II today and i have big problem with my buttons.

I'll try explain as good as i can..

I plugged Gladius II to my pc and i installed latest armoury software from Gladius II product site.. so far so good and then problems came in..

Armoury updated mouse firmware and my whole mouse died almost completely i have 2 working buttons in it now.. (mouse scroll button (it acts as left click) and right click (it manages some light in some where) scrolling up and down doesnt do anything like nothin else as well so i cannot use my mouse as i need

anyone with symptoms like this?
11 REPLIES 11

Ghozer
Level 7
There's lots reporting this, just look through the forum...

there's also alternative firmware, things to try, ways to reset it, ways to force Firmware updates etc...

just have a look through (don't need to go past this 1st page) and you should find it all. 🙂

Note: may not be the exact same issue, but the 'fixes' may still be relevent.

C5F-Z wrote:
Hey!
i just got my Gladius II today and i have big problem with my buttons.

I'll try explain as good as i can..

I plugged Gladius II to my pc and i installed latest armoury software from Gladius II product site.. so far so good and then problems came in..

Armoury updated mouse firmware and my whole mouse died almost completely i have 2 working buttons in it now.. (mouse scroll button (it acts as left click) and right click (it manages some light in some where) scrolling up and down doesnt do anything like nothin else as well so i cannot use my mouse as i need

anyone with symptoms like this?

Hi everyone,

I had this exact issue and managed to fix it! Here's what I did:

1) Insert mouse holding left click + middle click + right click

2) Opened ROG Armoury

3) Let the update fail

4) Run the ASUS tool found at this link -> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/GladiusII_Fix_Tools_20170913.zip?_ga=...

5) Done!

I didn't see this tool mentioned anywhere on the forum so thought best to share, but it's been there the whole time.

If the above doesn't work try a few different order of the steps but that tool was the key for me getting it working.

It's a great mouse when functioning as intended! Persevere.

Nice job!

this solution worked for me also so i can confirm that this works.

ravenshield32 wrote:
Hi everyone,

2) Opened ROG Armoury

3) Let the update fail

4) Run the ASUS tool found at this link -> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/GladiusII_Fix_Tools_20170913.zip?_ga=...

5) Done!

I didn't see this tool mentioned anywhere on the forum so thought best to share, but it's been there the whole time.

If the above doesn't work try a few different order of the steps but that tool was the key for me getting it working.

how do you fail the update ?

ravenshield32 wrote:
Hi everyone,

2) Opened ROG Armoury

3) Let the update fail

5) Done!

ASUS Tool worked for me, thanks!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
When such an issue occurs, please download the 'Gladius II Firmware repair tool' from here to revert your profile to default settings:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/GladiusII_Fix_Tools_20170913.zip?_ga=...

I've tried the method described in this thread, but it didn't help. I still see the stuck button #7. I noticed that when I press it 3 times, only then it un-stuck and fires 3 button presses simultaneously. It worked before updates of firmware and ROG Armoury. Changing firmware to 0186 and ROG Armoury to 2.06.01 didn't help.

Every time ROG Armoury launches or when button #7 stuck, I need to press Ctrl + Alt + Del to workaround bug with loosing focus of active window.

I've changed my OS (from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise N), because, first I thought that it was virus (I've disabled all processes and services which I saw as suspicious), but then, I noticed, that it stuck even during installation of OS (with different partition table - GPT), so from that moment I understood that the reason is in the incorrect interruptions from this mouse (ROG Gladius II). Maybe firmware (0187) or ROG Armoury (2.06.04) is broken or something like that.

P.S.: I'm not angry anymore, I'm tired of this. Maybe I need to go to service center and just replace it with previous version of this mouse - ROG Gladius or other mouse which doesn't have such issues (I forgot that I need to read the forums before buying the products and just looked at the brand of ASUS. But, I was wrong! This should be the rule for me: Read the forums before buying the products not looking on brand and other marketing things).

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
So your only issue is that the backward (by default) button is not working or having a delayed reaction?

If so, I haven't been able to replicate this issue on my Gladius II, at the present time, I'd suggest to RMA the mouse before deciding what to do next as an alternative.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
So your only issue is that the backward (by default) button is not working or having a delayed reaction?

If so, I haven't been able to replicate this issue on my Gladius II, at the present time, I'd suggest to RMA the mouse before deciding what to do next as an alternative.

Thanks for the advice! Guys from the support, unable to fix that mouse, so they just replaced it. It looks like I'm "so lucky" to get the defective mouse.
Now all works fine with 0187 firmware, but ROG Armoury 2.06.06 resets the mouse button assigments for "Top" tab (I need to disable 2 buttons which are by default: scroll click and DPI switch, but after re-enter to Armoury, I see they were reset to default values).