Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X99 Strix - 70-75 celsius temperature

xoreba
Level 9
Hey guys,

what's going?

I have made overclocking on my I75820k to 4.0ghz, but as this Asus motherboard is so expensive in Brazil, I have questions:

So, I'm afraid that my mobo can be super heating temperature. When I play CS GO, Battleground, the mobo temperate got 70-75 degrees celsius.

What's the temperate arround for the Asus X99 Strix?

I m attaching the pic that has all of informations about my mobo. Someone can check the voltage is correct?

Thanks so much for cooperation and patience.

**sorry for my english 😞

Sincerely,
Lucas A. Rezende.
9 REPLIES 9

tommiboi
Level 7
Hope you are talking about your CPU and not your mobo... that is at 75C ?
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

tommiboi wrote:
Hope you are talking about your CPU and not your mobo... that is at 75C ?

Hey everyone, thanks so much for answer.

I m sending the pictures that show the temperatures by Piriform Sppeccy application.

My mobo got 61 graus. When I will play game the mobo got 70 celsius. I have the CPU CoolerMaster Maker Air 8.

tommiboi
Level 7
How many intake and outlet fans do you use ? I had mobo overheating. Added a fan on intake on the bottom of my case it was all okay. So airflow in your case could be to low as well.

tommiboi wrote:
How many intake and outlet fans do you use ? I had mobo overheating. Added a fan on intake on the bottom of my case it was all okay. So airflow in your case could be to low as well.

Hey Tommi, how are you?

Thanks so much for the answer. So, my case is a Corsair 780T Series that It already came with 3 fans on top and 1 rear fan for the purpose of drawing hot air.

Also, It has 2 fans in front the case to get air inside in the Case.

I hope so that airflow isn't the problem.

You agree?

I will be attaching a pic from now about my case. Look bellow:

Thanks so much for patience.

Att,
Lucas A. Rezende.

tommiboi
Level 7
I see, I have same thing. If you leave the side panel from your case. Will the temps drop ? Try it. If the side panel is of and you drop in temps means that the airflow is not good. Or it is good but it doesnt flow through some part of the case. You get hot air pockets. Mostly the reason you have a MOBO heating up.

tommiboi wrote:
I see, I have same thing. If you leave the side panel from your case. Will the temps drop ? Try it. If the side panel is of and you drop in temps means that the airflow is not good. Or it is good but it doesnt flow through some part of the case. You get hot air pockets. Mostly the reason you have a MOBO heating up.

Hey,

I tried to remove the side panel, but the temperature didn`t change.

So....I have been thinking to get connect the another 4PIN extra cable on my mobo. Look the red circle bellow:

I got this cable extra in the store in my city. Look the cable bellow: (cabo is IDE 4Pin -------------------------- 4Pin mobo)

What do you think if I connect this extra cable on my mobo? I remember that my CPU is on mode overcloking 4.2Ghz.

Thanks so much guys...

=]

Korth
Level 14
Graphite 780T case has 2x140mm front intake fan and 1x140mm rear exhaust fan. And you added 3x120mm top exhaust fans.

ASUS GTX 970 card has DirectCU2 cooler with 2 fans, the card should cool itself well but spills some extra heat inside chassis (on motherboard).

Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 is a single-tower air cooler with 2x140mm fans. The fans should be oriented to move air from front to back.

Try moving one fan, from top exhaust (the one in the middle) to bottom intake (near the middle, if possible). To increase overall airflow pressure and to remove the possible "dead spot" or "recirculation zone" right in front of your CPU fans.

I agree with Chino, that's not a good enough cooler for overclocking a 140W CPU. You need a dual-tower air cooler or an AIO liquid cooler. A 1x140mm cooler can be mounted on rear exhaust, added to the existing 140mm rear exhaust fan, in a push-pull setup. A 2x120mm cooler would be better, mounted as top exhaust.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

JustinThyme
Level 13
What graphics card/cards are you using?*
Most of the heat sinks these days now dump the hot air off the GPUs into the case which will in turn heat up your MOBO. I’d doubt seriously this has anything to do with your CPU or motherboard and everything to do with your graphics.

Try benching just the CPU and see if you still get an unreasonably high temp.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein