New ROGer Array

Asus Ai Suite 3.0 overclock problem

After using Asus AI Suite 3.0 to over clock my system, my segate usb 3.0 external hard drive gets disconnected and windows says usb device is not recognised or malfunction when I plug in the drive to the back panel of the usb 3.0 port. My Logitech brio 4k webcam connected at the usb 3.0 back panel port becomes a 2k 2.0 port in setting, device, this device can perform better if connected to a 3.0 usb port, from 3840 x 2160 resolution to a 1920 x 1080 resolution. File copy from network drive to c drive becomes very slow. Everything works fine before the over clock. The only way for me to get my computer back to normal is to delete hard drive than create, format, reinstall windows or take out the battery. But when I use AI suite to over clock the same problems occurs again. Any help ? Will a future version of Asus Ai suite or bios update solve the problem ?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Is BCLK at 100? If not set that back to 100 in UEFI and see what happens. If that helps, could be DMI frequency being a bit too high.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Is BCLK at 100? If not set that back to 100 in UEFI and see what happens. If that helps, could be DMI frequency being a bit too high.
    I tried your advice and everything is back to normal.
    Thank you.