cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG C6H Mulitple RAID 1s?

buzz1
Level 7
The board states it supports RAIDs 0, 1, and 10. If I set the SATA 1-6 ports to RAID mode in BIOS, it removes any options for RAID Configuration, For Example, I have 4 SSDs and want to make 2 RAID1s out of them can I do this? Will this need to be done with the AMD RAIDXpert application? Or does this MoBo only support one RAID set (i.e. only one RAID 1)?

Thank you.

Buzz1
3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Level 14
Why would you want to make two two-drive RAID-1 when you could make one four-drive RAID-10 which has the same redundancy/mirror advantage but also combines their (otherwise segmented) performances and capacities?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth
Level 14
I don't know the answer. On Intel-based boards you can usually only install one RAID on the PCH-controlled SATA ports (plus a second RAID on added ASMedia-controlled SATA ports). The desktop chipsets tend to support limited flexibility in RAID configurations.
Maybe AMD X370 is different (better).

Why do you want to install a pair of mirrored RAIDs?

2-drive RAID1 and 2-drive RAID1, functions as two logical drives with mirroring
vs
4-drive RAID10, functions as one logical drive with mirroring, plus striped capacity and performance of two physical drives
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Set your first drive to raid via the bios, then you can use windows drive management to create extra raid drives.