cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY and VGA driver crashing at every Windows startup - solved?

Mechmaniac
Level 7
I keep getting an error at every Windows boot.

After ROG logo I cannot see the circular balls moving under it, a black screen follow the ROG logo, sometimes black screen is distinguished by graphical artifacts like vertical colored stripes or a single horizontal multicolored stripe approx of 20 pixel height.

When finally Windows reach the desktop all works fine, also games and videos, but system events reports 2 identical error 5 seconds by each.

- System

- Provider
[ Name] Display

- EventID 4101
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level 3
Task 0
Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2017-09-18T14:12:14.332364200Z
EventRecordID 13726
Channel System
Computer DESKTOP-SA49STU
Security

- EventData
nvlddmkm

I tried updating drivers (clean install), BIOS, VGA firmware, but nothing seems to change.
Also, my mainboard was recently changed in warranty for a power system issue, and the problem remained as before.
I did not tried to make a clean install of Windows on SSD for lack of time.

Anyone can suggest a solution?
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you try uninstall the driver with DDU utiliy, then reboot and run Ccleaner registry sweep then install the new drivers? Problem is even using the clean install option the old install still leaves orphan files behind. The only thing the clean install option does is resets all the parameters to default values.

DDU

Ccleaner

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Usage of the only DDU utility incredibly solved the problem.
Also, I did not use CC Cleaner since it's a dangerous program and could delete innocent registry keys.

I've never heard about DDU before and never had faith in 3rd party apps like this, but by now I' know it will be a useful instrument.

thanks !