cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20CB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 replacement. Which 1070 to buy to replace old?

gozorakgogo
Level 7
ROG G20CB Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 1TB Hard Drive. The GTX 1070 that came in the pc is fried. I would like to replace it with the same but there are so many variations of the GTX 1070 and because of the size of the ROG G20CB tower im curious what would work not only in fitting in the tower but with the original power brick that came with the pc..thanks you so much for anyone who can help
5 REPLIES 5

chilinmichael
Level 10
1. Is this over a year old? Warranty should cover it.
2. If it's out of warranty, only reference Nvidia cards will work. You can typically find these in your local Best Buy, they say Nvidia on them and are not made by another manufacturer such as EVGA.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

chilinmichael wrote:
1. Is this over a year old? Warranty should cover it.
2. If it's out of warranty, only reference Nvidia cards will work. You can typically find these in your local Best Buy, they say Nvidia on them and are not made by another manufacturer such as EVGA.

It is out of warranty. This is a noob question so I aplologize lol does this have to be a founders edition Nvidia 1070 because of the size?

gozorakgogo
Level 7
PNY - GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card would this work as an upgrade?

chilinmichael
Level 10
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-founders-edition-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-grap...

Size and the way the fans are setup are the two key factors here, not to mention possibly others. If the fans work by moving case air around and don't exhaust as the one I referenced does, you'll overheat quickly.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

gozorakgogo
Level 7
so I found and purchased the very GPU you linked in your last reply. Thank you by the way. As far as replacing, its been years since ive swapped out GPU's in pc's is there anything special that would need to be done or will it hopefully be as simple as swapping out and re downloading the drivers?