cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gr8 won’t start

ziondevil
Level 7
Hi.*

Yesterday I swapped my HDD for an ssd disk in my Asus gr8.

I put back all together and try to boot it up. But without any luck.

The fun fact is that the Miracast button works and boot normally.

I have noticed when I try to power on the pc the fan slightly moves and the stops. *

Checked the ac adapter and *it’s ok.*

Any guess?

6 REPLIES 6

chilinmichael
Level 10
I'd check all internal connections over again, sounds to me like something may have inadvertently gotten knocked loose. Also always practice safe procedures for handling of electro-static discharge.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Checked again every connection. Everything is ok.

Any hint??

Also i the AC adaptor is ok.

I just realize that when i plug the cord of the adaptor the fan spins.

Could be any kind of short?

Clear the CMOS and check the connections again, there is nothing more to do. Plug back your HDD to see if the computer boot normally explaining a error with your SSD.

Already did the ssd test.

How do i clear the CMOS in GR8?

Open your GR8 and look for a battery cell. Extract it, press and hold on the power button pushed to get rid from any static electricity in the motherboard. As the RAM, the CMOS is based on a volatile memory which can't subsists without any power.

Once you'll reboot the computer, you will have to go to UEFI to rectify the nullified date settings (brought back to it original state out of the factory), and then, try to reboot. By the way, update your UEFI if not done.

In the attached thread from one of our member, you'll find a video explaining how to do this from a G20, it should be similar. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soWlrkA12wY)

PS: Can you at least boot on UEFI settings without any drive? If you can't, check every connections once again (specially your DRAM and your processor) and your power supply. If you find nothing, you're in trouble..

So far nothing.

here is one video about the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaLJ83k67o