cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura Sync is crap

strommj
Level 7
Hello Asus, I would just let you know I feel like I have made a mistake in purchasing an Asus aura sync compatible motherboard, as it seemed your implementation of the rgb craze was the best. Oh how was I wrong. Not only does it not save my configurations, it completely turns off leds upon reboot. The program is completely unpredictable and you cannot controll it across rebooting. This has to be the least usable piece of garbage I've ever used.

Also to note, none of the lighting affects are actually cool, or is anything I would actually put on my computer 24/7. All I want is static lighting control with different colors on my rgb strip, and motherboard, etc.

My advice to you: Fix your software, its hella buggy right now, and completely unusable across reboots. And don't give me any trouble shooting tips, I shouldn't have to fix this. It's software, that's your problem to fix. Like wholly cow, did anyone actually TEST this thing to make sure it works?
8 REPLIES 8

Joseph84
Level 7
I agree with you. This software randomly returns its default after reboot. It's running color cycle effect in both synchronized and independent tabs.

Big_Gray
Level 8
I finally got my aura working as intended a few days back.

Be sure to download the latest version from the CH6 support page. Uninstall the old version using the windows apps manager. Then SHUT DOWN and POWER OFF COMPLETELY for a few minutes. Start up, extract and install.

Removing all power before restarting is the key to success here!

Enjoy! :cool:

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
The latest version seems to be a utter dog. Its full of bugs.

But I never had any issues before they changed the UI and added some more lighting modes.

Bill
Level 7
Hello strommj
Thank you for your inquiry
I'll consult our team on this matter
Thank you

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA v1.05.25 will be available officially by the end of the week. The problem listed in this thread will be fixed.

We appreciate your feedbacks as they help us to always improve the AURA software.

To report issues on the latest AURA software, you can check out the ASUS software section.

For AURA v1.05.22, we've created a support thread.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Its good to hear a fix is in the pipeline, but I actually fixed it by downgrading to version xxx.16. Works exactly as it used to now (for me at least.)

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
A new version of AURA v1.05.25 will be available officially by the end of the week. The problem listed in this thread will be fixed.

We appreciate your feedbacks as they help us to always improve the AURA software.

To report issues on the latest AURA software, you can check out the ASUS software section.

For AURA v1.05.22, we've created a support thread.

New version today? or tomorrow?

toxzl2 wrote:
New version today? or tomorrow?

Next week now, read this:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95851-AURA-V1-05-22-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread&p=678...

Everything seems to be working fine with my installation, I hope they dont break it! 😛