cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 BSOD's Ala AI Suite 3's IOMap64.sys

elfragaton
Level 7
Seeing a lot of BSOD's as of late. I'll try to explain while being as informative as possible, to at least give you an idea of the environment state, when this began occurring.. 1 month old, all new build. I have both a STRIX Z270e mobo plus a single STRIX gtx 1080 GFX card. Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold PSU. I7 7700k processor, 2 8GB sticks (16 GB total) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 Mhz ram, Samsung Evo 960 500 GB M.2 SSD, Western Digital 4 TB Black HDD, Corsair Hydro 100iv2 Cooler, Corsair Obsidian 750d case. AISuite 3 controls the case fans via preset setting. Corsair Link controls the pump/radiator fans via preset setting. QFan control disabled in the BIOS (so BIOS does not override pump/fan control and leave management to Corsair Link, common conflict between AI Suite 3 and Corsair link, both companies aware of this). No overclocking done on anything. Tech/Builder, installed AISuite 3 (all apps) on build. I installed MBAM, Razr Synapse, Teamspeak and Steam after. Have 2 accounts on the machine (1 admin, 1 guest), Windows 10 64 Pro. OS/Applications, installed to boot drive (Evo ssd). WD HDD (data drive), has only steam data. As far as drivers, firmware, applications and whether they are up to date.. All firmware (OS, Mobo, Drivers, Definitions, Applications, everything), up to date and last verified as of yesterday. Seems to have started after upgrading my nvidia display driver (to the current version via GeForce experience v385.69) on 09/21. I started seeing BSOD's shortly after, referencing "page fault in non-paged area" due to "IOMap64.sys". Always after entering my credentials to login to my admin account in Windows. At times, right directly upon loading the desktop after login. It is sporadic (occurs 1-2 times every 4-5 cold boots/restarts). Have had it happen once, when after signing out of the guest account and logging directly into the admin account. Have ran benchmark/stress tests, on both memory and GPU with clean bill of health so it does not appear to be faulty hardware. Tried uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling the latest Nvidia display driver with no resolution. All signs seem to point to IOMap64.sys.. Builder is also researching this and seeing the same clues all pointing back to IOMap64.sys belonging to AI Suite 3. I'm trying to make some decisions on where to go from here but from what I'm reading in this forum as well as various other forums, it doesn't look promising.. Has anyone had any luck finding a solution? I'm down to 1 of 2 choices at this time:

1. Either find a possible fix/workaround or uninstall AI Suite and try to find a way to configure fans via BIOS (And hope the conflict with corsair link doesn't rear it's ugly head again).

2. Go with non-Asus mobo.

Appreciate the feedback/assistance. I'm trying to remain positive here, since this has consumed the last 3 weeks of my life, lol. If I can't find a solution, hopefully this will help out the devs.
5 REPLIES 5

elfragaton
Level 7
Guess that's a no lol.. Since I as well as the builder are doing the QA/QC work ourselves, mine as well keep this thread open to document any workaround that we find so no one else has to go through this nonsense. Will update after testing a few more theories.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I’ll chime in real quick just to say I gave up on AI suite long ago over multiple issues. First had what you are describing that is a wide spread problem that has never been addressed. Then I got it working after a clean install and right when I think I hit pay dirt being it was working and had several profiles saved I loaded the default after an OC and bench session and the machine just died. No BSOD no shut down just died. Tried to start it back up and error code 00.*
Lucky for me this was on a board with two BIOS ROMS and switching to the alternate that was stock did the trick. I then copied that BIOS back to the primary and it was good again so AI suite trashed my BIOS. Since then I’ve never entertained the thought of trying it again and simply chose to install an aquaero controller for fans and pumps and change things directly in the BIOS instead. No problems of the sort since.**

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hey Justin. Thanks for your reply. I concur. Had to do the same myself. Uninstalled AISuite and manually cleaned up all remnants. Gave fan control for my case fans to the bios and called it a day. Luckily, no conflict with corsair link's control of the radiator fans and pump (purely due to keeping QFAN control disabled). No BSOD's as of yet after 2 weeks. Builder has me on a post mortem report, as they are getting more and more reports of this with Asus mobo's but at least they have this workaround doc'd now.

I took some days off to troubleshoot this BSOD of IOMAP64.sys

**This conflict can give you any or all of the below BSODs:
-IOMAP64.SYS
-SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
-MEMORY_MANAGMENT
-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

It does not have to with:
-Corsair Link (tested very well)
-Your display driver (nvidia especially, tested on old and updated drivers version 388)
-Any windows update (tested on Windows 10 Version 1607 with and without updates-clean)
-Your bios version (tested with 701, 801, and 906)

Solution:
-Uninstall "Aura version 1.04.29" and restart.
This would solve the problem insha Allah because this utility is the root of the problem.
If not, which is not expected to happen at all, install a clean copy of windows and do not install Aura at all.

Some people say it's because of Asus AI suite 3. Yes the file 'IOMAP64.sys" is part of the AI Suite 3, but I had no desire to drop that utility out of my Asus machine!
So, I came to a solid conclusion that "Asus Aura" interferes somehow with that IOMAP64.sys and that causes this conflict which results in our IOMAP64 nightmare BSOD.
Aura is a utility that comes with ASUS Motherboard CD to change the RGB LEDs of your motherboard.
Having known the reason, I prefer to drop this utility off in expense of having a stable PC with AI suite running perfectly.

**note you can install Aura, set the lightening you want and then uninstall it before installing AI Suite 3.
You don't need to worry about your lightening preferences being cleared from your motherboard. It won't.
**you don't need to uninstall any display driver or to boot from UEFI instead of BIOS.

Be safe
Be stable

Enjoy the AI Suite xD

-Mohammad

Oreaba wrote:
I took some days off to troubleshoot this BSOD of IOMAP64.sys

**This conflict can give you any or all of the below BSODs:
-IOMAP64.SYS
-SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
-MEMORY_MANAGMENT
-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

It does not have to with:
-Corsair Link (tested very well)
-Your display driver (nvidia especially, tested on old and updated drivers version 388)
-Any windows update (tested on Windows 10 Version 1607 with and without updates-clean)
-Your bios version (tested with 701, 801, and 906)

Solution:
-Uninstall "Aura version 1.04.29" and restart.
This would solve the problem insha Allah because this utility is the root of the problem.
If not, which is not expected to happen at all, install a clean copy of windows and do not install Aura at all.

Some people say it's because of Asus AI suite 3. Yes the file 'IOMAP64.sys" is part of the AI Suite 3, but I had no desire to drop that utility out of my Asus machine!
So, I came to a solid conclusion that "Asus Aura" interferes somehow with that IOMAP64.sys and that causes this conflict which results in our IOMAP64 nightmare BSOD.
Aura is a utility that comes with ASUS Motherboard CD to change the RGB LEDs of your motherboard.
Having known the reason, I prefer to drop this utility off in expense of having a stable PC with AI suite running perfectly.

**note you can install Aura, set the lightening you want and then uninstall it before installing AI Suite 3.
You don't need to worry about your lightening preferences being cleared from your motherboard. It won't.
**you don't need to uninstall any display driver or to boot from UEFI instead of BIOS.

Be safe
Be stable

Enjoy the AI Suite xD

-Mohammad

Thank you Muhammad. I found the only solution was to refrain from very important software like AI Suite 3, which manages and controls both power management and cabinet fans. I still have to do the tests and play intensively with my system with two GTX 1080, but I hope your solution works for me as well. One question might be that you could use the video card-specific Aura software instead of the motherboard's Aura software? Thank you again. automatic translation, sorry.