Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array leyabe PC Specs
    leyabe PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950X
    Memory (part number)Team Dark Pro 16GB (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1AMD RX Vega 64 Liquid-cooled
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    Storage #1250 GB M.2 Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #21 TB SSD Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerEnermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard G.Skill 780 MX
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Headset Logitech G330
    Mouse Pad Corsair keyboard + mouse mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 2.0 + Logitech 5.1
    OS Win10 X64
    Network RouterTP Link Archer C2600

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    This driver should fix the amplification mode being reset after restart. Can someone try it?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atmpv-6qHr_6mNlkU3s1fBCueS9XfA

I certainly will, as soon as I get back home tonight. In about 7 hours from now.
    Thanks elmor, I'll provide feedback once I've tested it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I run a lil home studio and to me it sounds like you have a simple ground loop issue.

Its when you have your speaker wires running next to power wires or other electrical wires, or have powered speakers that are plugged into the same outlets as the source.

You can buy a ground loop isolator for like 8 bucks, and if this is the problem its not an asus or anyones issue just how these type of things work.

leyabe PC Specs
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Keyboard G.Skill 780 MX
    Headset Logitech G330
    OS Win10 X64

Satis olite

Here are my observations from the beta driver:

1) I Installed the beta driver (after uninstalling the previous one first) and it didn't install the control panel "SupremeFX". So, there was no way I could check whether the Amplification level setting was retained after rebooting, because there was no way I could even see the setting itself. The app/control panel that exposes the setting was not even installed.

2) Then I reformatted, reinstalled Windows, and installed the beta driver version 8318, and same result as #1 above was obtained.

3) Then I installed the older driver (version 8219) on top of the beta one you linked (version 8318), and the SupremeFX control panel app was available again, and it did retain the setting after rebooting when I set the Amplification level to "Performace” (and again, as per my OP, there's a typo here, "Performace" should read "Performance"). Relying on my knowledge of how Windows works, I assume installing the older driver installed the SupremeFX control panel as it should, but Windows did not let it overwrite the newer driver files from beta driver v8318, so the new beta driver worked as it should once it was provided with the missing files for a working SupremeFX control panel.

4) When switching my speaker configuration to "5.1 surround" from the default "Stereo", I had no sound from the center and sub channels. I rebooted, and this was resolved, but instead I had no sound from the rear channel. I had to unplug and re-plug the audio jacks and reboot for all speakers to work as expected.

5) After switching to 5.1 Surround mode for my speakers, I also found that the setting did not appear to apply to the front speaker’s channel: The front speakers outputted a much louder volume than the rear/center/sub channels.

6) Installing the other way around, meaning the older driver first (8219), then the beta driver (8318), leaves me without the SupremeFX control panel. Furthermore, it leaves me without speakers. What I mean by this is without the SupremeFX control panel, the only audio driver-related settings I have access to is through the Windows built-in settings themselves i.e. right-click the speaker/volume icon on the system tray, and choose "Playback Devices". When doing this, "Playback Devices" lists all playback devices for my system, but "Speakers" device is missing, leaving me with only the other devices that I don’t typically use.

Martin

EDIT: I'll do further testing. Reformatting again and reinstalling drivers to confirm some of the above observations, and hopefully gather more information (I forgot to monitor what has happening in the registry, etc...)
    Last edited by leyabe; 01-10-2018 at 03:49 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Cory29 PC Specs
    Cory29 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith extreme x399
    Processor1950x
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ - 64gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 Ti WF
    Monitorcintiq 22hd touch
    Storage #1Sam SSD 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU Coolerxspc block - D5 - 3x120 slim rad
    CaseView 71 (doesn't fit board)
    Power SupplyEVGA supernova 1000G3
    Keyboard K95

You can't expect follow up on the reports right now, as most of us are doing this outside of our normal work function.
    There's no dedicated paid bug team for this board ??????

I tested the update and it seems to work restarted 5 times amplify level sounds like it was still on extreme but the menu to see the settings (supremeFX) can only be found if I plug in my headphones I cant find the menu or button for it in the main program

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X Hero Z-370 ( Wifi ) bios -1801
    Processor8700k @ 5.1 @ 1.36v -@manual vcore- delided + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)F4-3000-Cl-14-16GTZR @ 4000 mhz cl 17-19-19-38 vccio =1.215 Vcssa=1.215
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1080ti foundeers @ 1911 mhz @ 0.950v curve
    Sound CardMotherboard realtec
    MonitorAsus Pg279q -27 inch 165 hz - 1440p -gysnc
    Storage #1intel 600p -512gb m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Kingston Hyper X furry 240gb ssd
    CPU Coolerthermalright true black 120 + 2 x 120mm push pull ( pump died rma )
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand 750w RGB Platnuim
    Keyboard Logictec g710s
    Mouse Logictec G700s Wireless
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth -large
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 home theater
    OS windows 10-1809 x64

calle vauquois

I HAVE ASUS X HERO Z370 and i know tons of other z370 x hero users abd all report crackling sound and un balanced sound tried evrything known to man drivers cpus ram caes diffrent head sets u can find crackling sound o nasus baords inthe asus z370 sub forum its nvidia / realtec issue its crap and i might return this baord because of it .

i to have the extreme sound reset on reboot , sampling rates , diffrent drivers , pc cases , ram ,cpus , power supplys , diffrent board , diffrent speakers
    fast start up on or of f , high presion event timmer on or off , disabling nvidia gpu , try asus drivers , realtec drivers , windows catlog drivers nothifn ffixes the asus realtek audio crackling / un balanced sound .

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by leyabe View Post

1) I Installed the beta driver (after uninstalling the previous one first) and it didn't install the control panel "SupremeFX". So, there was no way I could check whether the Amplification level setting was retained after rebooting, because there was no way I could even see the setting itself. The app/control panel that exposes the setting was not even installed.

2) Then I reformatted, reinstalled Windows, and installed the beta driver version 8318, and same result as #1 above was obtained.

3) Then I installed the older driver (version 8219) on top of the beta one you linked (version 8318), and the SupremeFX control panel app was available again, and it did retain the setting after rebooting when I set the Amplification level to "Performace” (and again, as per my OP, there's a typo here, "Performace" should read "Performance"). Relying on my knowledge of how Windows works, I assume installing the older driver installed the SupremeFX control panel as it should, but Windows did not let it overwrite the newer driver files from beta driver v8318, so the new beta driver worked as it should once it was provided with the missing files for a working SupremeFX control panel.

4) When switching my speaker configuration to "5.1 surround" from the default "Stereo", I had no sound from the center and sub channels. I rebooted, and this was resolved, but instead I had no sound from the rear channel. I had to unplug and re-plug the audio jacks and reboot for all speakers to work as expected.

5) After switching to 5.1 Surround mode for my speakers, I also found that the setting did not appear to apply to the front speaker’s channel: The front speakers outputted a much louder volume than the rear/center/sub channels.

6) Installing the other way around, meaning the older driver first (8219), then the beta driver (8318), leaves me without the SupremeFX control panel. Furthermore, it leaves me without speakers. What I mean by this is without the SupremeFX control panel, the only audio driver-related settings I have access to is through the Windows built-in settings themselves i.e. right-click the speaker/volume icon on the system tray, and choose "Playback Devices". When doing this, "Playback Devices" lists all playback devices for my system, but "Speakers" device is missing, leaving me with only the other devices that I don’t typically use.

Martin

EDIT: I'll do further testing. Reformatting again and reinstalling drivers to confirm some of the above observations, and hopefully gather more information (I forgot to monitor what has happening in the registry, etc...)
    I'll look into why you're not getting the control panel, mixing versions is not a good idea. Makes it very difficult to draw any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory29 View Post
    There's no dedicated paid bug team for this board ??????

I tested the update and it seems to work restarted 5 times amplify level sounds like it was still on extreme but the menu to see the settings (supremeFX) can only be found if I plug in my headphones I cant find the menu or button for it in the main program
    There is. But they're not interfacing with the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    I HAVE ASUS X HERO Z370 and i know tons of other z370 x hero users abd all report crackling sound and un balanced sound tried evrything known to man drivers cpus ram caes diffrent head sets u can find crackling sound o nasus baords inthe asus z370 sub forum its nvidia / realtec issue its crap and i might return this baord because of it .

i to have the extreme sound reset on reboot , sampling rates , diffrent drivers , pc cases , ram ,cpus , power supplys , diffrent board , diffrent speakers
    fast start up on or of f , high presion event timmer on or off , disabling nvidia gpu , try asus drivers , realtec drivers , windows catlog drivers nothifn ffixes the asus realtek audio crackling / un balanced sound .
    I know some of this has been looked at and reported to Realtek, who eventually blamed it on the Windows driver management. Essentially the audio driver has among the lowest priorities for kernel execution, not sure if they're able to work around that. USB has a lot higher priority, so if you're using a USB audio device you won't have this problem.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by leyabe View Post

Martin

You can install SonicStudio by launching the setup manually at SCD_Install\SonicSuite\Setup_SonicStudio3.exe

leyabe PC Specs
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Keyboard G.Skill 780 MX
    Headset Logitech G330
    OS Win10 X64

Calle calle

You can install SonicStudio by launching the setup manually at SCD_Install\SonicSuite\Setup_SonicStudio3.exe
    I tried that, and am getting this error (The same error happens trying to install SonicRadar or SonicSuite too.):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	70374

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Cory29 PC Specs
    Cory29 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith extreme x399
    Processor1950x
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ - 64gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 Ti WF
    Monitorcintiq 22hd touch
    Storage #1Sam SSD 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU Coolerxspc block - D5 - 3x120 slim rad
    CaseView 71 (doesn't fit board)
    Power SupplyEVGA supernova 1000G3
    Keyboard K95

I have the same error if i click that .exe but I have the software in my start up task manager

leyabe PC Specs
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Keyboard G.Skill 780 MX
    Headset Logitech G330
    OS Win10 X64

As an update, I'm still getting the same problem (not fixed), and I'm still unable to install the beta driver. Reformatted and clean-reinstalled Windows several times, and still no luck to installing the driver.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast